Old April 27th 04, 10:51 PM
Mike Terry

Default Shakeup At Air America Radio: CEO and Program Director Out

Radio.About.com
From Corey Deitz,
Your Guide to Radio.

Dateline: 04/27/04

The Associated Press is reporting a shakeup in Air America Radio's top
management.

Mark Walsh, has stepped down as CEO of the new liberal Radio network and its
Program Director, David Logan, has been put on "administrative leave".

According to the AP, Walsh said, "he gave up his CEO title earlier this
month but will continue to pursue deals for Progress Media." Progress Media
is the parent company of Air America Radio.

There was no further clarification as to why Logan was no longer actively
programming the network.

In the interim, Air America Radio is being run by David Goodfriend who is
the company's lawyer. Goodfriend worked once as an advisor to the F.C.C. but
reportedly has no other direct radio experience except for a one-time job as
a DJ in Beloit, Wisconsin.

Taking over, at least temporarily, as Program Director is Lizz Winstead.
Winstead is a host for Air America Radio and is also the co-founder of
Comedy Central's "Daily Show".

http://radio.about.com/cs/latestradi...laa042704a.htm

Old April 27th 04, 10:57 PM
N8KDV

Mike Terry wrote:

Radio.About.com
From Corey Deitz,
[...]

The last two lines there pretty much explain Air America. LOL!

Old April 28th 04, 03:41 AM
Frank Dresser

"Mike Terry" wrote in message

Radio.About.com
From Corey Deitz,
Your Guide to Radio.

Dateline: 04/27/04

The Associated Press is reporting a shakeup in Air America Radio's top
management.

Mark Walsh, has stepped down as CEO of the new liberal Radio network and

its
Program Director, David Logan, has been put on "administrative leave".

According to the AP, Walsh said, "he gave up his CEO title earlier this
month but will continue to pursue deals for Progress Media." Progress

Media
is the parent company of Air America Radio.

Nice catch. "he gave up his CEO title earlier this month" suggests the
shakeup has something to do with the falling out with Multicultural
Broadcasting.

Here's a quote from today's Chicago Sun-Times:

*Even as it prepares to lose its Chicago broadcast outlet, Air America can't
keep it together. Despite plans to remain on WNTD-AM (950) until Friday, the
liberal talk radio network aired nothing but music and promotional
announcements Monday morning.

"When we return to Chicago on the right signal -- whether that's the day we
go off the air on WNTD or some period after that -- it's going to be for the
long haul," said Evan Cohen, chairman of Air America. "We realize that we
have some fence-mending to do."

Have you heard any Air America programming, maybe on the internet? There's
no compelling reason to listen, except in the way some people like to
rubberneck as they drive by a traffic accident. The news stories and
speculation are far more interesting. Evan Cohen's mention of
"fence-mending" probably relates to Air America's poor handling of the
Multicultural Broadcasting situation, as evidenced by the infamous "Liu-ser"
article posted on Air America's web page.

Frank Dresser

Old April 28th 04, 02:42 PM
David

Who the **** died and made you the goddam king?

You have a life beyond Usenet?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:57:07 -0400, N8KDV
wrote:

Mike Terry wrote:

Radio.About.com
From Corey Deitz,

Old April 28th 04, 02:44 PM
N8KDV

David wrote:

Who the **** died and made you the goddam king?

You have a life beyond Usenet?

LOL... you're pretty damn funny this morning!

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:57:07 -0400, N8KDV
wrote:

Mike Terry wrote:

Radio.About.com
From Corey Deitz,

Old April 28th 04, 02:46 PM
N8KDV

David wrote:

Who the **** died and made you the goddam king?

The same folks who appointed you 'Princess'!

Old April 28th 04, 03:32 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Mike Terry" wrote:
| The Associated Press is reporting a shakeup in Air America Radio's top
| management.

They should go to AccounTemps and hire an Accounts Payable temp.

73,

Steve Lawrence
KAØPMD
Burnsville, Minnesota

(NOTE: My email address has only one "dot."
You'll have to edit out the one between the "7"
and the "3" in my email address if you wish to

---

Old April 28th 04, 03:33 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"David" wrote:
| Who the **** died and made you the goddam king?
|
| You have a life beyond Usenet?

Hey, ****o, I thought you were a right - winger?

I hate to call you something useful, but you really
are an asswipe.

Old April 28th 04, 03:34 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"N8KDV" wrote:
| David wrote:
|
| Who the **** died and made you the goddam king?
|
| You have a life beyond Usenet?
|
| LOL... you're pretty damn funny this morning!

I doubt he's had his Estrogen supplement yet.

Old April 28th 04, 05:01 PM
Tom Betz

"Frank Dresser" wrote in
:

*Even as it prepares to lose its Chicago broadcast outlet, Air America
can't keep it together. Despite plans to remain on WNTD-AM (950) until
Friday, the liberal talk radio network aired nothing but music and
promotional announcements Monday morning.

This isn't true. WTND may have aired the music loop (presumably because of
a downlink problem in Chicago), but elswhere, it was regular programming.

--
|I always wanted to be someone,| Tom Betz, Generalist |
|but now I think I should have | Want to send me email? |