RadioBanter

-   -   14.200 FM from outer space (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/42425-14-200-fm-outer-space.html)

Ken May 6th 04 06:15 PM

14.200 FM from outer space

Listen! Use wideband fm. It's pulsing - sounds like radar? It's a
government reserved freq ONLY. Very interesting ;-)

N8KDV May 6th 04 06:16 PM

Ken wrote:

Listen! Use wideband fm. It's pulsing - sounds like radar? It's a
government reserved freq ONLY. Very interesting ;-)

Yeah, from outer space. Sure!

Dale Parfitt May 6th 04 06:36 PM

"Ken" wrote in message
Listen! Use wideband fm. It's pulsing - sounds like radar? It's a
government reserved freq ONLY. Very interesting ;-)

Are you hearing it during the daytime? If so, how does the signal

penetrate the F layer? If from space(?), you should hear it only after the
band closes down.
in the evening. And all this time I thought 14.2 was part of the 20M amateur
band.
Dale W4OP

JOE May 7th 04 03:13 AM

Don't tell the government but I like to work SSB around 14.200 - and I'm
about
75 miles below outer space. Try using something other than your dollar
store
shower radio and maybe the voices in your head will lessen

Mediaguy500 May 7th 04 04:25 AM

Yeah, from outer space. Sure!

actually, I wouldn't doubt that. He never said it was from "space aliens"
although that is probably what he meant.

But I wouldn't rule out the radio transmission as really coming from outer
space.

After all, didn't President Bush say that he wanted to establish some kind of
base on the moon?

Maybe he's already got it up there working. ;)

Mediaguy500 May 7th 04 04:27 AM

Don't tell the government but I like to work SSB around 14.200 - and I'm
about
75 miles below outer space. Try using something other than your dollar
store
shower radio and maybe the voices in your head will lessen

But maybe President Bush is already up in outer space establishing the base on
the moon that I think I have heard he wants to establish there. ;)

Mark S. Holden May 7th 04 06:07 AM

Mediaguy500 wrote:
Yeah, from outer space. Sure!

actually, I wouldn't doubt that. He never said it was from "space aliens"
although that is probably what he meant.

But I wouldn't rule out the radio transmission as really coming from outer
space.

After all, didn't President Bush say that he wanted to establish some kind of
base on the moon?

Maybe he's already got it up there working. ;)

If you do a google search on "Project Jove" you'll find information
about listening to signals from Jupiter.

Mediaguy500 May 7th 04 07:25 AM

If you do a google search on "Project Jove" you'll find information
about listening to signals from Jupiter.

thanks. I am interested in that.

However, an episode of "The New Outer Limits" scared me away from listening to
signals from outer space, even though the aliens mentioned in that episode were
friendly aliens. The aliens didn't actually show up in the episode.

The whole episode was about listening to radio signals from outer space and
what happened to the earthlings who listened to that particular radio signal.

I'm not sure what the title of that particular episode was.

I have a wideband scanner which is what I currently listen to shortwave signals
on, which means that I might be able to tune into certain other "radio
astronomy" frequencies also, where no radio transmissions are allowed, in order
to possibly hear natural radio signals from outer space.

but I tell you, that one episode of "The Outer LImits", whew!!!! ;)

m II May 7th 04 04:48 PM

-=jd=- wrote:

If I only had one wish, I would ask for peace on earth and goodwill towards
all men.

Which would be enforced twenty-four hours a day by my own army of giant
killer robots and all them amazon bikini troops that'll be guarding my flying
nuclear battle station...

The future is indeed fascinating. The technology, the advancements, the
forward progress of all mankind...What sort of bikinis do you envision?

mike

Super Pissed Dad May 7th 04 06:00 PM

What kind of transmission would we use to communicate in space ? Ham, Cellular