Old May 6th 04, 06:15 PM
Ken

Default 14.200 FM from outer space

Listen! Use wideband fm. It's pulsing - sounds like radar? It's a
government reserved freq ONLY. Very interesting ;-)

Old May 6th 04, 06:16 PM
N8KDV

Ken wrote:

Listen! Use wideband fm. It's pulsing - sounds like radar? It's a
government reserved freq ONLY. Very interesting ;-)

Yeah, from outer space. Sure!

Old May 6th 04, 06:36 PM
Dale Parfitt

"Ken" wrote in message
Listen! Use wideband fm. It's pulsing - sounds like radar? It's a
government reserved freq ONLY. Very interesting ;-)

Are you hearing it during the daytime? If so, how does the signal

penetrate the F layer? If from space(?), you should hear it only after the
band closes down.
in the evening. And all this time I thought 14.2 was part of the 20M amateur
band.
Dale W4OP

Old May 7th 04, 03:13 AM
JOE

Don't tell the government but I like to work SSB around 14.200 - and I'm
about
75 miles below outer space. Try using something other than your dollar
store
shower radio and maybe the voices in your head will lessen

Old May 7th 04, 04:25 AM
Mediaguy500

Yeah, from outer space. Sure!

actually, I wouldn't doubt that. He never said it was from "space aliens"
although that is probably what he meant.

But I wouldn't rule out the radio transmission as really coming from outer
space.

After all, didn't President Bush say that he wanted to establish some kind of
base on the moon?

Maybe he's already got it up there working.

Old May 7th 04, 04:27 AM
Mediaguy500

Don't tell the government but I like to work SSB around 14.200 - and I'm
about
75 miles below outer space. Try using something other than your dollar
store
shower radio and maybe the voices in your head will lessen

But maybe President Bush is already up in outer space establishing the base on
the moon that I think I have heard he wants to establish there.

Old May 7th 04, 06:07 AM
Mark S. Holden

Mediaguy500 wrote:
Yeah, from outer space. Sure!

actually, I wouldn't doubt that. He never said it was from "space aliens"
although that is probably what he meant.

But I wouldn't rule out the radio transmission as really coming from outer
space.

After all, didn't President Bush say that he wanted to establish some kind of
base on the moon?

Maybe he's already got it up there working.

If you do a google search on "Project Jove" you'll find information
about listening to signals from Jupiter.

Old May 7th 04, 07:25 AM
Mediaguy500

If you do a google search on "Project Jove" you'll find information
about listening to signals from Jupiter.

thanks. I am interested in that.

However, an episode of "The New Outer Limits" scared me away from listening to
signals from outer space, even though the aliens mentioned in that episode were
friendly aliens. The aliens didn't actually show up in the episode.

The whole episode was about listening to radio signals from outer space and
what happened to the earthlings who listened to that particular radio signal.

I'm not sure what the title of that particular episode was.

I have a wideband scanner which is what I currently listen to shortwave signals
on, which means that I might be able to tune into certain other "radio
astronomy" frequencies also, where no radio transmissions are allowed, in order
to possibly hear natural radio signals from outer space.

but I tell you, that one episode of "The Outer LImits", whew!!!!

Old May 7th 04, 04:48 PM
m II

-=jd=- wrote:

If I only had one wish, I would ask for peace on earth and goodwill towards
all men.

Which would be enforced twenty-four hours a day by my own army of giant
killer robots and all them amazon bikini troops that'll be guarding my flying
nuclear battle station...

The future is indeed fascinating. The technology, the advancements, the
forward progress of all mankind...What sort of bikinis do you envision?

mike
Old May 7th 04, 06:00 PM
Super Pissed Dad

What kind of transmission would we use to communicate in space ? Ham, Cellular

The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla General 0 July 22nd 04 12:14 PM
Ham radio-carrying rocket hopes to reach space May 17 Leland C. Scott CB 67 May 18th 04 05:12 PM
The 2003 ARRL Frequency Measuring Test Schedule - just in case any of you are in outer space 10-4GoodBuddy Shortwave 4 November 21st 03 04:54 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1367 – October 24 2003 Radionews Dx 0 October 26th 03 08:37 AM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1367 – October 24 2003 Radionews Dx 0 October 26th 03 08:37 AM