Old May 11th 04, 06:05 AM
m II

N8KDV wrote:

Jacob and Esau cut a deal over a bowl of soup.

We can be bought for less in too many cases.

Soup? Nope.

If memory serves, it was Esau selling his birthright to Jacob for a bowl
of porridge.

In today's world it may well be re-phrased as:

USA Selling it's Birthright to Halliburton for a Bowl of Oil

Where oh where do you come up with this ****?

Good question. Let's see...

a) bowl of soup didn't sound right. I remembered 'porridge'
b) The previous poster noted that somtimes people can be bought too cheaply.
c) The original biblical phrase came to mind.
d) I typed in the phrase.
e) I noticed Esau was potentially a very badly misspelled USA.
f) Instantly, I had a vision of EVIL, in all it's swirling, sulphurous,
Ashcroftian, demonic horror. I was mesmerized by the stench of unrefined
oil.
g) After that, the trembling slowly subsided. I wiped the fear induced
perspiration from my brow, changed my soiled underwear and then, the
rest of the composition fell naturally into place.
h) I pressed the 'Send' button just before the jack booted Cheneyians
kicked my door in.

It's a good thing I have all those seventies vintage boat anchor
receivers piled all over the place. The bumbling robos tipped one over
and were subdued by the weight. I will wait for the elections in
November to be over before releasing my unwilling and prostrate house
guests. By that trime they will have forgotten why they're here.

They claim they can take the discomfort, but all the cats in heat here
keep vigorously backing into their mustachioed dogfaces. Being a poor
country limits our ability to abuse the helpless. With a larger GNP, I'd
be able to use MUCH larger mammals in heat.

That should be a suffient outline, but I can't guarantee one hundred
percent completeness.

mike
Old May 11th 04, 06:16 AM
m II

T. Early wrote:

In today's world it may well be re-phrased as:

USA Selling it's Birthright to Halliburton for a Bowl of Oil

That's a good analogy considering the tortured logic engaged in by
those who believe either fable.

In a convoluted, winding, anfractuous, flexuous, meandering, meandrous,
serpentine, sinuous, snaky way I feel you may be close to the truth.

mike (using a THEOsauraus)© II

©Densa International
Think Tanks Cleaned Cheap

Kalamazoo Cuckoo' ND8V GLENN B General 0 October 19th 04 03:15 AM
Kalamazoo Cuckoo' ND8V GLENN B Policy 0 October 19th 04 03:15 AM
Once upon a time in America there came to be a giant of an organization called the American Radio Relay League (ARRL). KC8QJP General 3 October 11th 04 10:44 AM
Once upon a time in America there came to be a giant of an organization called the American Radio Relay League (ARRL). KC8QJP Policy 3 October 11th 04 10:44 AM
Russians free American Spy Plane Pilot! (and it's about time, too!) m II Shortwave 4 May 5th 04 02:21 PM