RadioBanter

-   -   05/10/04 Propagation ??? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/42499-05-10-04-propagation.html)

Michael May 11th 04 11:05 PM

I'm almost positive now I know what was causing all that noise and fade out.
Yesterday night, about three to four hours after I noticed that there was
serious problems with noise and low signals, we had the most amazing
display of lightning that I have ever seen in this area. It was non stop
lighting for over five hours straight. And, not just one bolt of lighting
every so often, it was the entire sky being constantly light up by multiple
bolts of lighting. I tried to put the radio on and as you would expect, all
you heard was the noise of the lightning. So.... although that storm was
not over my location at the very time I began to notice the noise problem, I
have no doubt that storm was very close by and all the lightning was messing
up radio signals. Once the storm was over us, it was impossible to heard
anything. That was one amazing light show.

--

Respectfully,

Michael

Location: Northern NJ
Primary Radio: R-75 with full Kiwa mods.
Antennas: 200ft "Frankenstein" roof wire, G5RV
Additional Radios:GE Super Radio III, PL-550,
KA-1101, KA-1102, Kaiwa KA-989, Info-Mate 837,
Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)
Home Page: http://md_dxing.tripod.com/