Old May 11th 04, 06:09 AM
GO BEARCATS

Is that why I'm finding that the 49, 41, 31 meter bands all messed up ???

Yep Michael, the only reason I can hear Ed and the guys on 3890AM is because
all the options of filtering and whatnot on the Hammarlund HQ140X or I couldn't
hear them on any rice burner.

I wonder if that modder 398 could have got them tonight on my sloper. I doubt
it.

~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/*SUPER*398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+Howell
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
500ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Sloper
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*
*21/2X2ft.FiveSpoked~Penta-Loop~PancakeLoop*

Old May 11th 04, 11:05 PM
Michael

I'm almost positive now I know what was causing all that noise and fade out.
Yesterday night, about three to four hours after I noticed that there was
serious problems with noise and low signals, we had the most amazing
display of lightning that I have ever seen in this area. It was non stop
lighting for over five hours straight. And, not just one bolt of lighting
every so often, it was the entire sky being constantly light up by multiple
bolts of lighting. I tried to put the radio on and as you would expect, all
you heard was the noise of the lightning. So.... although that storm was
not over my location at the very time I began to notice the noise problem, I
have no doubt that storm was very close by and all the lightning was messing
up radio signals. Once the storm was over us, it was impossible to heard
anything. That was one amazing light show.

--

Respectfully,

Michael

Location: Northern NJ
Primary Radio: R-75 with full Kiwa mods.
Antennas: 200ft "Frankenstein" roof wire, G5RV
Additional Radios:GE Super Radio III, PL-550,
KA-1101, KA-1102, Kaiwa KA-989, Info-Mate 837,
Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)
Home Page: http://md_dxing.tripod.com/