Old May 14th 04, 05:37 AM
m II

Default FRG-7 Opinion

Monroe wrote:

Searched around getting info on this unit vs contemporary new or
alternate used models. Have an opportunity to pick one up locally.
In good condition. Apparently unmodified. No selling price . . . .
open to offers.

Any opinions on this unit in light of the used market today? Much of
what I'm finding is somewhat dated. Use will include 50:50 BCB:utes.
I don't want to part with a substantial sum of cash . . . . so pretty
much limited to the used market. Ebay et al have a number of various
units available, but the heat of auctions is usually a poor place for
good deals (and I can't be bothered keeping an ever-vigilant eye on
the auction mart).

Good radio. Nice wide tuning dial range. The set that has the fine
tuning knob above the volume was the later edition and is prefered. No
digital readout, but you can get very close as it is. It has room in the
back for a bunch of D size batteries for outdoor use. There was an
optional external speaker for it, but I don't know how available it is.

http://www.radio67.freeserve.co.uk/s...m#Yaesu%20FRG7

prices roughly 200 - 300 US
http://www.google.ca/search?q=yaesu+...e+Search&meta=