RadioBanter

-   -   Rumsfeld Approved Policy of Abuse (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/42649-re-rumsfeld-approved-policy-abuse.html)

Michael Bryant May 16th 04 08:53 PM

Rumsfeld Approved Policy of Abuse

From: N8KDV

I don't think he would've made it through the Revolution... he'd have been
strung up. Albeit with a very stout rope.

And if you were around then I'm sure you would've done your best to alienate
our French allies. That's probably the reason you insist on British spellings
for so many words....

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)

N8KDV May 16th 04 09:44 PM

From: N8KDV

I don't think he would've made it through the Revolution... he'd have been
strung up. Albeit with a very stout rope.

And if you were around then I'm sure you would've done your best to alienate
our French allies.

They would have rendered you down for French Frying grease, Fat Boy.

That's probably the reason you insist on British spellings
for so many words....

Bothers you, don't it?

Michael Bryant May 17th 04 01:48 AM

From: "T. Early"

Definitively is a big word and the -particulars- of what we know
occurred at Abu Ghraib have not been tied to Rumsfeld. It's a good
piece because Hersh is one of the best at mining people who have axes
to grind as his unnamed sources. Unfortunately, he writes lead
paragraphs like the one in the New Yorker story that are designed for
maximum (overly broad) impact and aren't really supported by what
follows.

Wasn't Hersch the journalist that first reported the My Lai massacre in
Vietnam?
Didn't the investigation by the military end up confirming his reporting?

T. Early May 17th 04 02:15 AM

From: "T. Early"

Definitively is a big word and the -particulars- of what we know
occurred at Abu Ghraib have not been tied to Rumsfeld. It's a good
piece because Hersh is one of the best at mining people who have

axes
to grind as his unnamed sources. Unfortunately, he writes lead
paragraphs like the one in the New Yorker story that are designed

for
maximum (overly broad) impact and aren't really supported by what
follows.

Wasn't Hersch the journalist that first reported the My Lai massacre

in
Vietnam?
Didn't the investigation by the military end up confirming his

reporting?

I didn't say he doesn't have the credentials, nor am I in any position
to argue with the substance of the New Yorker piece. I said I think
his lead paragraph--specifically "Rumsfeld’s decision embittered the
American intelligence community, damaged the effectiveness of élite
combat units, and hurt America’s prospects in the war on terror"--is a
broad-stroke opinion, not a fact, and is not explored in the article.

N8KDV May 17th 04 05:16 AM

From: "T. Early"

Definitively is a big word and the -particulars- of what we know
occurred at Abu Ghraib have not been tied to Rumsfeld. It's a good
piece because Hersh is one of the best at mining people who have axes
to grind as his unnamed sources. Unfortunately, he writes lead
paragraphs like the one in the New Yorker story that are designed for
maximum (overly broad) impact and aren't really supported by what
follows.

Wasn't Hersch the journalist that first reported the My Lai massacre in
Vietnam?
Didn't the investigation by the military end up confirming his reporting?

Maybe he needs to investigate Kerry and confirm the war atrocities he admits
to committing.

RHF May 18th 04 02:11 AM

N8KDV,

About the 'admitted' Vietnam War Criminal John 'ff' Kerry:

* "Vetting the Vet Record"
Is John 'ff' Kerry a proud war hero or Angry Anti-War Protester ?
http://www.nationalreview.com/owens/...0401270825.asp

* John 'ff' Kerry Accused U.S. of War Crimes
http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=3010

* John 'ff' Kerry Committed War Crimes, 'Burned Villages' in Viet Nam
by United Press International • Saturday March 13, 2004 at 12:02 PM
http://idaho.indymedia.org/news/2004/03/7218.php
The Democratic Nominee for President is a Confessed War Criminal

* Vietnam Veterans Against John 'ff' Kerry
http://pages.xtn.net/~wingman/docs/kerryst.htm
http://www.usvetdsp.com/jf_kerry.htm

* Cash-and-Kerry
http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/Rea...e.asp?ID=11939