Old May 19th 04, 10:05 PM
N8KDV

Default Don't Buy Gas On May 19th

A bit late don't you think? I already filled up a 22 gallon tank and 2 2
1/2 gallon containers for mowing today.

Brian Hill wrote:

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID
NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME,
THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS
OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE
OIL COMPANIES. THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT
UP THEIR BEHIND" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A
SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS
MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD
OUT. REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP
BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES,
TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS
PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING,
BUILDING
MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE
DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO
EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE
CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

Old May 19th 04, 11:10 PM
Jim Douglas

Another stupid prank which has gone wild on the internet. I heard if you
bought gas today, and the sky was blue, and your hair is brown, and the time
is after 12:00AM that it would be free. Anyone who believes this shi% is a
complete idiot!

Old May 20th 04, 05:39 AM
Brucemm33

Why don't we all flush our toilets at the same time on May 19th....it will have
the same effect you are looking...LOL If you believe that, I have a bridge I
want to sell you. Bruce
Old May 20th 04, 05:56 AM
Gray Shockley

On Wed, 19 May 2004 23:39:21 -0500, Brucemm33 wrote
(in article ):

Why don't we all flush our toilets at the same time on May 19th....it will
have the same effect you are looking...LOL

You might want to research the simultaneous toilet flushing
before you yak off.

If you believe that, I have a
bridge I want to sell you. Bruce

Gray Shockley
For every complex problem there is an answer
that is clear, simple, and wrong. - H. L. Mencken

Old May 20th 04, 07:18 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"Gray Shockley" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 May 2004 23:39:21 -0500, Brucemm33 wrote
(in article ):

Why don't we all flush our toilets at the same time on May 19th....it

will
have the same effect you are looking...LOL

You might want to research the simultaneous toilet flushing
before you yak off.

Given the state of most sewer systems in most cities, simultaneous toilet
flushings could result in a very large mess..

Old May 20th 04, 03:15 PM
Mark S. Holden

Brian Hill wrote:

Snipped stupid idea posted under a forged name

The one day boycott idea would only hurt the owners of your local gas stations - mostly because they'd end up over staffed on the slow day, and under staffed (Meaning you might get to wait) when you bought the gas you would have bought on that day.

Around here, many gas stations cut prices by about 5 cents on Wednesdays to encourage sales, and of course prices are trending upward - so odds are most people who postponed buying gas for a day ended up paying for the ineffective statement they made.

If you wanted to actually send a message, you'd need to reduce your driving, or buy a more efficient car, because if you drive the same amount and just postpone buying gas for a day, they'll make it up with larger sales the next day.
Old May 22nd 04, 10:19 AM

urn did I miss it?