Old May 20th 04, 01:53 PM
Al - KA5JGV

Default DRM Test Transmission UK to North America

I received the following information regarding a test transmission from the
UK to North Ameerica:

DRM Broadcasters Users Manual:

This extensive document has just been published this week, I am sure many of
you will find this of interest. Download it from
http://www.drm.org/BUM/globbum.htm

DRM tests from the UK to North America:

From next Sunday evening (local time in North America, of course, Monday in
the UK!) we will be running a series of test transmissions to see how well
DRM signal from the UK to North America works. Times are 02:00:00 - 02:30:00
UTC, running Monday 24th until Friday 28th May inclusive Frequency is 6040
kHz, although we may change to 6140 kHz dependant on your feedback. On one
of these days, probably Tuesday night (local time) I hope to run a first
ever test: a "broadcast web site". There won't be any audio, but we will
transmit a web site carrying weather maps, information and pictures. To view
this you need to click on the service label in the GUI of the software once
you have a signal. The whole site will take about 8 minutes to download.

Please can you post feedback about these transmissions on the forum at

www.DRMrx.org

Many thanks in advance,

James Briggs DRM Projects Co ordinator

VT Merlin Communications Ltd,

Rampisham Transmitting Station Dorset, DT2 0HS, UK

Al KA5JGV

San Antonio, Tx.