Old May 21st 04, 09:20 PM
Mike Terry

Default New RF noise identification Website

Canadian radio amateur VE3HLS is busy putting the finishing touches to a new
Website called The RF Noise Identification Website.

Its purpose is to help hams and SWLs identify the noises that intrude on
shortwave listening. The Web site contains a growing library of recordings
in MP3 format that you can download or listen to online. The recordings are
of various types of noises from known sources and some that haven't been
identified. Also included are small waveform images that provide an
additional "fingerprint" for identification.

Ken, VE3HLS, hopes that users will visit the site if they have noise
problems and will be able to identify noise that's bothering them by
comparing it to the recordings. He would also greatly appreciate
contributions in the form of recordings of noises at your location as well.
They'll be converted to MP3 format and added to the Web site (with credit to
the sender) for all to listen to. WAV or MP3 files, audio cassettes or CDs
will be gratefully accepted. See the Web site for additional details.

http://www.ve3hls.com/noise/rfihome.html

(Media Network)

Old May 22nd 04, 04:04 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

Awesome! Thanks for the resource, Mike - I will bookmark this one.

73,

--
Steve Lawrence
KAØPMD

(NOTE: My email address has only one "dot."
You'll have to edit out the one between the "7"
and the "3" in my email address if you wish to