Old May 24th 04, 01:26 AM
Kierkecaat

Default attn: DeWayne--how's the SW77 working for you?

I've been considering the Radiolabs upgrade, and besides the SSB
sensitivity issue, there's also the lack of fine resolution for the
beat frequency on the 398/909.

So, I'm also wondering about the SW77 to replace of road-worn Satellit
700.

How's the SW77 working out for you?

Thanks, KC
Old May 24th 04, 05:20 AM
DeWayne

"Kierkecaat" wrote in message
I've been considering the Radiolabs upgrade, and besides the SSB
sensitivity issue, there's also the lack of fine resolution for the
beat frequency on the 398/909.

The ATS-909 issue is that the Radio Labs mod filter is too wide for SSB, way
too wide! I can hear hams at least 5 kHz away. Otherwise a nice radio.

So, I'm also wondering about the SW77 to replace of road-worn Satellit
700.

How's the SW77 working out for you?

Thanks, KC

The SW77 is a sweet radio overall. The audio may not be as good as the SAT
700 but quite acceptable IMO. The sync detector is quite nice.

DeWayne

Old May 24th 04, 10:35 AM
Igor Gros

1.) SW 77 is not a real "portable radio", because it
must be carried around with both hands.
2.) There is a strong "birdie" around 3.640 MhZ
(That's a HAM frequency !)
3.) Slide ruler for volume control looks a little
bit cheep.
4.) There is no indicator for FM mono/stereo mode.

Otherwise it is a good and useful radio.

Old May 24th 04, 10:46 PM
Kierkecaat

Thank you, all, for the feedback.

DeWayne, did you find your "deal" on a new 77? Any tips on where
safely to buy an new 77 that is competitively priced?

KC

On Mon, 24 May 2004 04:20:34 GMT, "DeWayne" wrote:

.. .

Old May 25th 04, 03:55 AM
DeWayne

"Kierkecaat" wrote in message
Thank you, all, for the feedback.

DeWayne, did you find your "deal" on a new 77? Any tips on where
safely to buy an new 77 that is competitively priced?

KC

I haven't been looking. I think I'd rather find a nice Drake R8.

DeWayne