Old May 25th 04, 03:10 AM
Fredric J. Einstein

Default DRM From Rampisham U.K. To Detroit, MI USA -- Perfect!

I had the pleasure this evening of tuning in VT Merlin's DRM test
transmission on 6040 kHz at 0200 UTC from southwest England.

Reception of the musical program (with voice ID announcements) was
excellent in Detroit, MI with absolutely no audio dropouts. The sound
quality was excellent.

I believe that this reception result proves that trans-continental DRM
reception is viable and that the results using DRM are excellent.

If you happen to have a DRM receiving setup in North America, I urge
you to tune into 6040 kHz from 0200-0230 UTC during this week (till
28-May) to hear this special test transmission.

My receiver is the TenTec RX-350 shortwave receiver connected to the
latest version of the DRM Software Radio. Antenna is a Butternut
vertical ham antenna.

Radio Ops for Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise this weekend? Steveo CB 9 August 23rd 04 04:47 PM
FA: Yaesu FT-ONE, Perfect Condition, NR Mark Petereit Equipment 0 March 7th 04 07:02 PM
FA: Yaesu FT-ONE, Perfect Condition, NR Mark Petereit Equipment 0 March 7th 04 07:02 PM
Perfect Antenna Theplanters95 Antenna 5 March 3rd 04 09:55 PM
Radio France International Strong In Detroit at 0600 UTC Fredric J. Einstein Shortwave 1 January 20th 04 02:45 PM