Old May 30th 04, 06:58 AM
J999w

Default I love my new receiver (Yaesu FT-767gx).

Just bought a used Yaesu FT-767gx ham receiver with general coverage receiving
capabilities. It totally ROCKS as a shortwave receiver. The audio is excellent,
the selectivity is good, the tuning knob is so smooooth, it's a joy to use.

On the AM BCB band, it is subject to overload during the daytime when the
locals are at their highest power, but with the attenuator in, it works fine.

Here's a few audio clips of some DX I've heard with it recently (antenna is a
20m vertical dipole, top at 35 ft ... hung in a tree).

http://members.aol.com/j999w/DX

One is of Radio Farda from Greece in Farsi on 15,290khz. Listen for the "Radio
Farda". Signal was rather weak, so there is some hiss, and I spliced two clips
together with a 'pip' in between. 175kb .wav file.

The second clip is of what I believe to be the clandestine Radio Free Asia,
13,700khz at the 1800z sign on (according to the ILG database). I ran across
this by accident as I was listening to the carrier in USB when they opened up
with audio, so I switched to AM. Interval signal, followed by ident in Chinese.
310kb .wav file.

The third is of Radio National de Venezuela (according to ILG relayed from Cuba
beamed at South America ... hence the weak signal). ILG shows that the station
heard underneith could be Voice of Iran. Easy spanish ident on this after the
interval signal. Listening in USB on this one. 11875khz, 2200z, . 377kb .wav
file

All recorded on a 233mhz PC with CoolEdit 2000.

I'll post more as I hear them.

73!

jw
K9RZZ
Old May 30th 04, 05:31 PM
J999w

The second clip is of what I believe to be the clandestine Radio Free Asia,
13,700khz at the 1800z sign on

Whooops ... I was wrong.

It's China Radio International. The interval signal matches the one he

http://home.arcor.de/uvolk/curis.htm

I'll correct the clip.

jw
K9RZZ