Old June 2nd 04, 01:45 PM
Mike Terry

Default Papua New Guines: CRN Vanimo, update on 4960 start-up

Initial tests are anticipated by Saturday June 5 from the new SW
facility being installed at Vanimo, for the Catholic Radio Network,
using 4960.

On-site work is now proceeding by technical personnel, following the
arrival of antenna components.

Technical E-mailed monitoring reports are welcome from the primary
target area of Papua New Guinea, but reports from further afield would
also be appreciated, to assess whether there is unwanted coverage
outside the local region.

Reports may be sent to the company contracted by CRN to design and
install the facility, TE(PNG), attention Wayne Wilson, Construction
Manager, at

Programming will be taken from CRN's local FM services.

Assessment is also being made of the 3200-3400 90 mb for possible
operations should the 60 mb prove unsuitable. I am providing
professional engineering support to TE in analysis of coverage outside
PNG, including frequency selection for 90 mb operations.

When checking 4960, please do not be confused with the strong
Ecuadorian transmitter on that channel, which is currently audible
across Eastern Australia, the Pacific, and SEA in the 0800-1200
period! We are keeping a close watch on that operation, and at this
stage, it is conjectural as to whether it will cause real problems to
CRN. Note also that Radio Vanuatu may use 4960 at any time, currently
operating on 7260, with 4960 authorised by the ABU-HFC.

I would appreciate copies of any technical reports you may send to
Wayne, about CRN reception, to

Regards!

Bob Padula
Melbourne, Australia

(via BDXC)

Old June 2nd 04, 01:49 PM
dxAce

Mike Terry wrote:

[...]

That'll be nice... another PNG to QSL.

Old June 2nd 04, 02:13 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Mike Terry wrote:

[...]

By the way, currently have 20 or more PNG stations QSL'd here.

Eat your heart out, Fat Boy!

Old June 2nd 04, 04:59 PM
dxAce

Short Wave wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 09:13:23 -0400, dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Mike Terry wrote:

[...]

The previous message was brought to you by the Village Idiot, Steve Lare. Proving
once again that stupid is as stupid does.

Coming from an extremly experienced idiot such as yourself I'll take that as a
compliment!