Old June 8th 04, 06:26 AM
m II

Default OT sad tale of the empty hockey seat

A friend went to one of the Calgary playoff games in the hockey
series. As he sat there, waiting for the game to begin, he saw an
empty seat next him, with an older gentleman on the other side of
it. It was the only empty seat in the whole arena.

He remarked to the gentleman that it was very unusual to see an
empty seat at an important game such as this.

The gentleman turned to him and started speaking.

" My wife and I were constant fans. We had season tickets ever year
for twelve years. We were at every game. She passed away recently
and I just felt that I had to keep up the tradition in her memory"

My friend was really touched by the sentimental gesture but he was
curious.

"Well, that's really nice of you, but it is depriving someone else
of seeing the game..Don't you have any children or relatives you
could have brought to use the seat?" asked my friend.

"Sure I do" replied the gentleman. "but I couldn't talk them out of
going to funeral"

mike

Old June 9th 04, 03:22 PM
Urei

"but I couldn't talk them out of
going to funeral"

Was that funeral for his wife, or for the Calgary Flames?
Old June 9th 04, 11:03 PM
m II

Urei wrote:

"but I couldn't talk them out of
going to funeral"

Was that funeral for his wife, or for the Calgary Flames?

It's been pointed out, quite correctly, that the reason Calgary LOST
was that we had FEWER Canadians on our team than Tampa. With those
numbers, it was a forgone conclusion!

mike