Old June 21st 04, 11:05 PM
Bob P

Default FS: Collins 51J-4

One very nice 51J-4 for sale at $500 firm but YOU MUST PICK UP.
I have had it for about 7 years and about 5 years ago, I went through it and
replaced weak tubes as needed and did the full alignment according to the
book. Included is a nice copy (W7FG?) of the manual and a "Sams" too. The
radio receives very nicely and the kc dial is "spot" on from one end to the
other! BFO, marker generator, noise clipper all work as they should.
Except for the side panels being painted dark gray at one time, I believe
the radio to be stock. Missing is the narrow filter (well actually it
failed) and whatever alignment tools were clipped to the lid / inside.
In the narrow filter slot is a simple capacitor and it gives nice wide band
"hi-fi" AM reception. Top and bottom panels are included.

Pictures are viewable at: http://www.ameritech.net/users/p15218/index.html

If I am unable to sell this radio in a week or two without having to ship
it, then I'll resort to ebay but I am trying to avoid the shipping & ebay
hassles by posting here.
The radio is located in the Detroit Mich area. As for the trust factor,
check my ebay feedback as user = p15218. Cash and only cash will be
acceptable for purchase.
Reason for selling is that we are moving and I just need to downsize.
Bob
Don't reply to this posting as it is spam curtailed.
Reply to: KB8TL at YAHOO dot COM
YOU MUST PICK UP, I WILL NOT SHIP.