Old June 22nd 04, 06:42 PM
Alan

Default What is Z time

Hi,
I am very new to short-wave radio and am enjoying it very much. I am a
little confused when people say things like 2200z, is this GMT or another
time zone
sorry to sound thick, but this got me stumped.
cheers
Alan

Old June 22nd 04, 06:48 PM
dxAce

Alan wrote:

Hi,
I am very new to short-wave radio and am enjoying it very much. I am a
little confused when people say things like 2200z, is this GMT or another
time zone
sorry to sound thick, but this got me stumped.
cheers
Alan

Yes it is the same, sometimes referred to as Zulu time, UTC or GMT.

Old June 22nd 04, 06:53 PM
Alan

"dxAce" wrote in message

Alan wrote:

Hi,
I am very new to short-wave radio and am enjoying it very much. I am a
little confused when people say things like 2200z, is this GMT or

another
time zone
sorry to sound thick, but this got me stumped.
cheers
Alan

Yes it is the same, sometimes referred to as Zulu time, UTC or GMT.

Thanks for that mate,
cheers
Alan

Old June 23rd 04, 12:21 PM
Mark Keith

dxAce wrote:

Alan wrote:

Hi,
I am very new to short-wave radio and am enjoying it very much. I am a
little confused when people say things like 2200z, is this GMT or another
time zone
sorry to sound thick, but this got me stumped.
cheers
Alan

Z time = Time to go to bed...:/ MK
--
http://web.wt.net/~nm5k

Old June 23rd 04, 03:57 PM
Da Shadow

All about Z, GMT, Zulu times etc at URL:

http://www.aros.net/~yogi/zulutime.htm

Also see URL:
http://www.worldtimezone.com/
--