Old June 24th 04, 01:36 AM
Michael

Default 6973 @ 00:30 UTC ???

6973 @ 00:30 UTC. Can some one tell me what broadcaster this is ???

They played an Eric Clapton song as bumber music and then cut into talk... I
cant make out the language. Sounds Arabic.... S-3 to S-6 with lots of noise
and fade...

Michael

Old June 24th 04, 02:11 AM
Howard

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:36:28 GMT, "Michael"
wrote:

6973 @ 00:30 UTC. Can some one tell me what broadcaster this is ???

They played an Eric Clapton song as bumber music and then cut into talk... I
cant make out the language. Sounds Arabic.... S-3 to S-6 with lots of noise
and fade...

Michael

Though I'm not hearing the station to make a direct observation; it
has been reported on this ng several times as an Israeli military
station much like our (American) Armed Forces Radio. Good Catch!

Howard
Old June 24th 04, 02:29 AM
Michael

wrote:

6973 @ 00:30 UTC. Can some one tell me what broadcaster this is ???

They played an Eric Clapton song as bumber music and then cut into

talk... I
cant make out the language. Sounds Arabic.... S-3 to S-6 with lots of

noise
and fade...

Michael

Though I'm not hearing the station to make a direct observation; it
has been reported on this ng several times as an Israeli military
station much like our (American) Armed Forces Radio. Good Catch!

Howard

It still coming in well here at 1:27 UTC. I'm going to record a wav file.

Michael

Old June 24th 04, 05:29 AM
Dan Robinson

It's Israel, military radio. I had the same
question myself a few weeks ago...

Old June 24th 04, 09:44 AM
dxAce

Michael wrote:

6973 @ 00:30 UTC. Can some one tell me what broadcaster this is ???

They played an Eric Clapton song as bumber music and then cut into talk... I
cant make out the language. Sounds Arabic.... S-3 to S-6 with lots of noise
and fade...

It's Galei Zahal, and has been indicated it's an Israeli Army/Military station
broadcasting in Hebrew.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B