Old June 27th 04, 11:01 PM
Sean Chercover

Default Ettiquette Question...

I'm new here. Do members of this newsgroup prefer that newcomers de-lurk
with an introduction, or do you prefer that I de-lurk by jumping right in
and posting, willy-nilly?

Thanks,
Sean

Old June 27th 04, 11:06 PM
Emmerson Bigguns

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 22:01:18 GMT,"Sean Chercover"
wrote:

I'm new here. Do members of this newsgroup prefer that newcomers de-lurk
with an introduction, or do you prefer that I de-lurk by jumping right in
and posting, willy-nilly?

Thanks,
Sean

Jump right in. Just one thing you should know about the group. We
have a village idiot called dxAce. Pay no attention to him. If you get
into a conversation with him he will end up calling you a 'tard. He's
also fond of calling people liars and fabricators. He likes to stir up
the **** and is usually in the middle of one flame war or another.
He's bad news so pay no attention to him and he won't bother with you.

Old June 27th 04, 11:29 PM
dxAce

Sean Chercover wrote:

I'm new here. Do members of this newsgroup prefer that newcomers de-lurk
with an introduction, or do you prefer that I de-lurk by jumping right in
and posting, willy-nilly?

Welcome, we'll try and help you if we can.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8, R8B and a Arvin portable
BC895XLT, PRO-2045
70' and 200' wires

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old June 27th 04, 11:39 PM
Emmerson Bigguns

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:29:21 -0400,dxAce
wrote:

Sean Chercover wrote:

I'm new here. Do members of this newsgroup prefer that newcomers de-lurk
with an introduction, or do you prefer that I de-lurk by jumping right in
and posting, willy-nilly?

Welcome, we'll try and help you if we can.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8, R8B and a Arvin portable
BC895XLT, PRO-2045
70' and 200' wires

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

This is the Village Idiot I was telling you about. His name is Steve
Lare. Ignore him and hopefully he won't bother you. He's a real jerk
though so you never know.
Old June 27th 04, 11:54 PM
Bill

Sean Chercover wrote:

I'm new here. Do members of this newsgroup prefer that newcomers de-lurk
with an introduction, or do you prefer that I de-lurk by jumping right in
and posting, willy-nilly?

Thanks,
Sean

Neither. Run for your life!

Seriously, and yeah that sounds weird around here, just jump in. If you
jump in apologizing then you are marked for life as a target.
:-)
I'm just kidding but if you read a day's worth of posts you get the idea
of the ambience here.

-BM
Old June 28th 04, 12:04 AM
73 2 U

wrote:

Sean Chercover wrote:

I'm new here. Do members of this newsgroup prefer that newcomers de-lurk
with an introduction, or do you prefer that I de-lurk by jumping right in
and posting, willy-nilly?

Welcome, we'll try and help you if we can.

The only way dxAce helps anyone is to spread lies about them. Avoid
this dope at all costs. He says welcome but it really means that he
will try and get you booted from your server.

Old June 28th 04, 01:43 AM
Jim Douglas

Welcome to the group, and IMHO dxAce has posted much more informative
information than that
of the Mr. Bigguns? Have fund ignore the idiots!

Old June 28th 04, 02:28 AM
Grundig

this assholes definition of help you if he can means that if you were
drowning he would throw you a rock. don't trust him for a second. he
will lie to you and then call you a tard when you don't understand
something. dont even respond to him.

MA/COM OpenSky Question yoyo Scanner 2 December 13th 04 02:58 AM
Interesting question JAMES HAMPTON CB 3 December 7th 04 09:34 AM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM
Question regarding police tactics and scanners noobie Scanner 0 July 29th 03 12:48 AM