Old June 28th 04, 03:18 PM
Michael

Default SW8 For Sale Found

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tego ry=15051

This is a late model. Looks good. For all of you who wanted mine
after it was sold (and I appreciate it), here you go. Michael
Old June 30th 04, 03:25 AM
Brian Denley

Michael wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tego ry=15051

This is a late model. Looks good. For all of you who wanted mine
after it was sold (and I appreciate it), here you go. Michael

It's NOT a late model at all if the serial number starts with a '4A' as the
seller states. The '4' means it's a 1994 make. The late models all start
with a '6' or higher.

--
Brian Denley

Old June 30th 04, 03:43 AM
Michael

CORRECTION: This is a 1994 upgraded to late 1995 specs. It is NOT 1996 or later.
Michael

Old June 30th 04, 03:54 AM
Michael

Also, it does not go below 500Khz..
Old June 30th 04, 08:58 AM
starman

Michael wrote:

CORRECTION: This is a 1994 upgraded to late 1995 specs.

What does that mean? Did you send it back to Drake?

Old July 3rd 04, 03:31 PM
Michael

I did not send it anywhere, as it is not my rig. My first post was
based on how the man had listed it. After several emails to him, he
corrected the listing on Ebay. After I knew the true setup, I posted
it here. It is a 1994 production that was upgraded BY DRAKE to the
late 1995 specs. It has the mods installed. Again, this is a 1994
upgraded to 1995 late specs. It was originally posted in the ad as
1996 specs, which is why I posted the first and incorrect posting on
here. Thank you. Michael

Old July 3rd 04, 03:47 PM
Michael

I assumed that when I posted the correction that it was a 1994 to 95
specs, everyone would know that meant it was not a late model. That
is why I did not state that specifically. The SW8 was produced from
1994 - April 2000. Look at www.dxing.com or look at any of the older
Passports and you will find that it is said the major change happened
in 1996. Sorry if this confused anyone, but I thought SW8-interested
people knew this. Michael