Old July 4th 04, 09:24 PM
GeorgeF

Default 40 Meter Interference - Running Water....

For the last few days I've noticed some interferenece on 40 Meters. It
sounds like running water for lack of a
better description. It also seems to appear spaced every 15 KHz and
very slowly increases in frequency. What is it??

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

Old July 5th 04, 03:41 AM
Revision C

"GeorgeF" wrote in message
For the last few days I've noticed some interferenece on 40 Meters. It
sounds like running water for lack of a
better description. It also seems to appear spaced every 15 KHz and
very slowly increases in frequency. What is it??

I had a similar issue and traced it to a noisy/defective
motion detector (PIR) dual-floodlamp mounted on
the side of the house. Connect the radio to a battery
and tune to the noise. Open each breaker in the
panel of the house, leave off, go to the next one, leave
off untill all are off. If it dissappears you've found the
noisemaker consumer device. If not, it could be
from a next door neighbor. Newer electronic type room lamp
dimmers and some compact fluroescents can do
this also.