Old July 5th 04, 02:57 AM
Namikis

Default FA: Grundig Satellit International 650

Buy it now at $425.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll... STRK:MESE:IT

Old July 6th 04, 08:00 PM
the captain

why is shipping $50, it only cost about $17 by Fedex to go across the country !

Old July 9th 04, 05:33 AM
Namikis

I went to The UPS Store yesterday to get the 650 double-box packed. That ran
me $15. The resulting box is huge bu it gives me confidence that it will
arrive well.

Total weight, double-boxed with training video and cables, is 26 pounds,
using an oversize box. Cheapest way to ship was UPS ground at $40 (including
$600 insurance, to Michigan, from California) If you know a cheaper way to
do it, let me know! I will be glad to ship as inexpensively as possible -
but these 650s are rather rare and so I would rather make sure it travel
well protected.

If you are not comfortable with ship price, you are free not to bid on it.
But the fact bear out that the price for shipping is on target.

Namikis

om...

Old July 9th 04, 07:30 PM
the captain

what about $38 to ship an R-71, everyone else want about $18 to ship
that or a similar receiver. in all my years on ebay, your shipping
prices are the HIGHEST. no BS with that statement.

although I don't know if people are smart enough to look at shipping
BEFORE they bid ?

Old July 10th 04, 04:59 PM
Chris

Namikis,
Can you tell me what kind of connector the external antenna uses?
Tia,
Chris

Old July 10th 04, 08:40 PM
Namikis

The R71 was also double-boxed at the UPS Store. The prices reflect the
double-boxed weight - and my estimate of coast-to-coast shipping. I will
check the R71 based on weight and reduce the shipping if you right (the 650
I checked and it is on target given the size of the box).

Your postings seem to ignore the cost of packing - are you aware of the "H"
in S & H?

"Namikis" wrote in message

Buy it now at $425.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll... STRK:MESE:IT

GE Superadios for Dummies [ GE Super Radios I - II - III ] RHF Shortwave 9 March 22nd 04 09:37 AM
YB400PE [email protected] Shortwave 7 February 5th 04 12:34 PM
Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:23 PM
Latest NEWS 'eton e1 xm' radio (Grundig Satellit 900) from . . . RHF Shortwave 2 February 5th 04 12:19 PM
Grundig Satellit 900 -=V=- Eton E1 XM Radio RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:14 PM