Old July 14th 04, 04:27 AM
Mediaguy500

High 1st IFs like 55.845 MHz aren't quite uncritical, particularly with
very compact receivers

That's high?

My radio's first IF is 240.1 MHZ.

you easily get leakage around the 1st IF
crystal filter.

Good information. I didn't know that before.

And just the other year or so, I didn't know anything about IF frequencies or
radio image frequencies.

I still don't know much about them.

Old July 14th 04, 03:59 PM
Frank Dresser

"Mediaguy500" wrote in message

Is it still worth it to get a CW/RTTY decoder which are still advertised

in
magazines such as "Popular Communications" and "Monitoring Times"?

I don't do utility listening, and I can't offer a useful opinion on
decoders. It might be worth starting a new thread with your question.

Frank Dresser