Old July 15th 04, 02:11 PM
William Mutch

Default VOA employeee mutiny ??

Any of you guys following this ?? I heard NPR story on it last weekend.

http://www.hillnews.com/news/070604/voa.aspx

http://www.keepmedia.com/pubs/USATOD...11?from=search
Old July 15th 04, 05:47 PM
Dan Morisseau

William Mutch wrote:
Any of you guys following this ?? I heard NPR story on it last weekend.

http://www.hillnews.com/news/070604/voa.aspx

http://www.keepmedia.com/pubs/USATOD...11?from=search

One wonders why these disaffected whiners don't just apply for jobs
over at Al Jazeera where they'd feel more at home? Come to think of it,
doesn't National People's Radio take many of their stories direct and
unedited from Al Jazeera?

--
Cardinal Nation - N 38°34'53, W 90°22'32;, 680'
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to
Old July 15th 04, 10:13 PM
Altawaowr

Quit your republinazi whining, and go **** yourself.

Old July 15th 04, 10:20 PM
MnMikew

"Altawaowr" wrote in message
Quit your republinazi whining, and go **** yourself.

Yet another clueless liberal speaks.

Old July 15th 04, 11:07 PM
T. Early

"MnMikew" wrote in message

"Altawaowr" wrote in message
Quit your republinazi whining, and go **** yourself.

Yet another clueless liberal speaks.

Personally, I prefer republinazi whining to self-gratification, but
his suggestion may have merit on a slow day.

Old July 16th 04, 04:21 AM
Telamon

In article . edu,
William Mutch wrote:

Any of you guys following this ?? I heard NPR story on it last weekend.

http://www.hillnews.com/news/070604/voa.aspx

http://www.keepmedia.com/pubs/USATOD...11?from=search

This is good news. Now we know who to fire.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 17th 04, 07:19 PM
John Barnard

The USA can't help it - they went a little crazy as a country after Vietnam.

John Barnard

wrote:

One wonders why these disaffected whiners don't just apply for jobs
over at Al Jazeera where they'd feel more at home? Come to think of it,
doesn't National People's Radio take many of their stories direct and
unedited from Al Jazeera?

Another one of those 'if you do not like our right-wing crap, then
leave' fascist ****tards. So much for freedom.

Old July 17th 04, 07:22 PM
dxAce

John Barnard wrote:

The USA can't help it - they went a little crazy as a country after Vietnam.

Gee, how many problems have the workers at CBC/RCI had over the years?

dxAce

John Barnard

Old July 18th 04, 12:22 AM
RHF

= = = Telamon wrote in message
= = = ...
In article . edu,
William Mutch wrote:

Any of you guys following this ?? I heard NPR story on it last weekend.

http://www.hillnews.com/news/070604/voa.aspx

http://www.keepmedia.com/pubs/USATOD...11?from=search

This is good news. Now we know who to fire.

TELAMON,

Former president Ronald W. Reagan did it to the Air Traffic Controllers.

The biggest problem with most government departments and agencies;
is that the long term employees see themselves and their organization
as a power unto itself. They serve their own interest and are above
the interest of the American People or the needs of the US Government.

The Cold War is Over.

The War on Terrorism has begun.

The "Mission" of the VOA has and 'must' Change
as the Needs of the US Government Changes.

It's time for a lot of old Cold Warriors to 'Retire'.

~ RHF

..
Old July 18th 04, 04:10 AM
Brian Hill

"RHF" wrote in message

Former president Ronald W. Reagan did it to the Air Traffic Controllers.

The biggest problem with most government departments and agencies;
is that the long term employees see themselves and their organization
as a power unto itself. They serve their own interest and are above
the interest of the American People or the needs of the US Government.

That's human nature and bad management rolled up in one. Typical government
pork. Its good news for the private cont.

P.S. Remember when the amateur satellite went up. NASA couldn't believe it.

The Real B.H.