Old July 18th 04, 10:04 AM
Sanjaya

Default 6190 0900 UTC

Can't ID this one.
Playing what sounds like "country" music in another language.
Actually sounds pretty good, but I can't make out the language.
Too much fading and noise.

Anyone know what it is? Is anyone even up at this hour in the US?

Old July 18th 04, 10:18 AM
SYSYPHUS' SISTER

Sanjaya wrote:
Can't ID this one.
Playing what sounds like "country" music in another language.
Actually sounds pretty good, but I can't make out the language.
Too much fading and noise.

Anyone know what it is? Is anyone even up at this hour in the US?

Radio Cusco out of Cusco Peru. Actual frequency is 6193.4.

SYSYPHUS' SISTER
(and I am always up at this time!)
Old July 18th 04, 10:19 AM
Sanjaya

"Sanjaya" wrote...
Can't ID this one.
Playing what sounds like "country" music in another language.
Actually sounds pretty good, but I can't make out the language.
Too much fading and noise.

Anyone know what it is? Is anyone even up at this hour in the US?

Well I've heard "Amazonia" in there twice, but nothing I find
references RN Da Amazonia on 6190. I do see it listed as 6180
but changing to that frequency gives me another broadcast.

Old July 18th 04, 10:24 AM
Sanjaya

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote...
Sanjaya wrote:
Can't ID this one.
Playing what sounds like "country" music in another language.
Actually sounds pretty good, but I can't make out the language.
Too much fading and noise.

Anyone know what it is? Is anyone even up at this hour in the US?

Radio Cusco out of Cusco Peru. Actual frequency is 6193.4.

SYSYPHUS' SISTER
(and I am always up at this time!)

Hi SS.

Thanks. What kind of power do they have? I'm hearing this on
a Tecsun PL-200 using only the built in whip
Did you hear the word "Amazonia"... I know they said it twice.

Old July 18th 04, 10:41 AM
SYSYPHUS' SISTER

Sanjaya wrote:

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote...

Sanjaya wrote:

Can't ID this one.
Playing what sounds like "country" music in another language.
Actually sounds pretty good, but I can't make out the language.
Too much fading and noise.

Anyone know what it is? Is anyone even up at this hour in the US?

Radio Cusco out of Cusco Peru. Actual frequency is 6193.4.

SYSYPHUS' SISTER
(and I am always up at this time!)

Hi SS.

Thanks. What kind of power do they have? I'm hearing this on
a Tecsun PL-200 using only the built in whip
Did you hear the word "Amazonia"... I know they said it twice.

Im showing that they only have 1KW (??) so either this is a great catch
or I'm wrong....(not that it happens often..) I was getting a SS of
7-9+ on my SAT800...

Maybe I better check this out a little more...

SYSYPHUS' SISTER

Old July 18th 04, 10:46 AM
Sanjaya

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote...
Sanjaya wrote:

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote...

Sanjaya wrote:

Can't ID this one.
Playing what sounds like "country" music in another language.
Actually sounds pretty good, but I can't make out the language.
Too much fading and noise.

Anyone know what it is? Is anyone even up at this hour in the US?

Radio Cusco out of Cusco Peru. Actual frequency is 6193.4.

SYSYPHUS' SISTER
(and I am always up at this time!)

Hi SS.

Thanks. What kind of power do they have? I'm hearing this on
a Tecsun PL-200 using only the built in whip
Did you hear the word "Amazonia"... I know they said it twice.

Im showing that they only have 1KW (??) so either this is a great catch
or I'm wrong....(not that it happens often..) I was getting a SS of
7-9+ on my SAT800...

Maybe I better check this out a little more...

SYSYPHUS' SISTER

It's gonna fade for me as the sun comes up in the eastern US.
I've heard them say "Amazonia" 3 times now, but the ILG and
HFCC frequency listings for RN Da Amazonia don't match. The
times in UTC do match though.

Old July 18th 04, 11:08 AM
dxAce

Sanjaya wrote:

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote...
Sanjaya wrote:

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote...

Sanjaya wrote:

[...]

Amazonia is usually reported around 6180.

dxAce

Old July 18th 04, 11:10 AM
SYSYPHUS' SISTER

Sanjaya wrote:

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote...

Sanjaya wrote:

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote...

Sanjaya wrote:

[...]

Here's more-- there is also a listing for a Radio Nacional Amazonia,
frequency was 6180. Transmitting out of Brasilia, Brasil. Fits your
haering the "Amazonia" ident.

Hope this helps--and thanks for a great start to my day.

SYSYPHUS' SISTER
Old July 18th 04, 12:04 PM
Sanjaya

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote in message ...
Sanjaya wrote:

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote...

Sanjaya wrote:

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote...

Sanjaya wrote:

[...]

SS, I just looked back through my log and found an entry for RN da Amazonia on April 24, 2004
same time frame, but on 6180 as listed in ILG and HFCC databases. I'm sure that's what we heard
today, but don't know why the frequency was 6190. I had checked 6180 when I was listening this
morning and heard another station, so maybe RN da Amazonia changed frequencies because of
interference?

Old July 18th 04, 12:10 PM
SYSYPHUS' SISTER

Sanjaya wrote:

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote in message ...

Sanjaya wrote:

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote...

Sanjaya wrote:

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote...

Sanjaya wrote:

[...]

Yup. and I added/uploaded to B. Sillett's Sortwave log on-line community
site.

Great catch and good sleuthing, Sanjaya!

SYSYPHUS' SISTER