Old July 20th 04, 10:12 PM
Terry Parker

Default Sirius audiovox antenna for house - house antenna or car? Which & where to point?

I've got a "portable" Audiovox Sirius radio receiver. I installed it
in the car and it works fine. I also have the "home kit", which uses
a small "indoor/outdoor" antenna. Unfortunately my stereo is on my
northern wall and the wire is not long enough to go outside and run to
the corner to get a southwest exposure. I've tried the antenna
sitting inside the window pointed north, up about 45 degrees, which
seems best but is still not good enough for consistent signal (it cuts
in and out). I moved it outside the window and it's pretty much the
same.

I'm wondering a couple of things -- is there any way to add an
extension onto this antenna wire? I haven't seen one.

Can I buy another magenetic car antenna and stick it to the house
gutter and would this work any better? Other solutions?

Also, I can't seem to get as good of reception now as I got when I
started messing with it and am wondering if I pinched the wire too
much when I ran it out through my "crank window" to get it outside. I
now get very little signal no matter what, with strong ugly "brrrrp"
noises coming about 2-3 second intervals. Is the antenna wire highly
sensitive to being pinched and would this be a possible result if it
were?

Thanks in advance,

Terry