Old July 21st 04, 02:29 AM
Radioman390

Default Cellphones HAVE caused airline crashes says expert

The trouble is, the evidence got destroyed.

RCR News, July 19 issue, a telecomm weekly has a story on the Qualcomm
in-flight tests being successful (i.e. safe), but one expert says:

"(But) I'm pretty confident there have been flights that have come down, and a
large part of the equation was electrical interference"

The likelihood of a terrorist hijacking a plane is smaller than a passenger
sneaking in an illicit phone call.
Old July 21st 04, 03:15 AM
Honus

"Radioman390" wrote in message
The trouble is, the evidence got destroyed.

RCR News, July 19 issue, a telecomm weekly has a story on the Qualcomm
in-flight tests being successful (i.e. safe), but one expert says:

"(But) I'm pretty confident there have been flights that have come down,

and a
large part of the equation was electrical interference"

The likelihood of a terrorist hijacking a plane is smaller than a

passenger
sneaking in an illicit phone call.

Do you have a cite for that?

Old July 21st 04, 10:57 PM

Radioman390 wrote:
The trouble is, the evidence got destroyed.

RCR News, July 19 issue, a telecomm weekly has a story on the Qualcomm
in-flight tests being successful (i.e. safe), but one expert says:

"(But) I'm pretty confident there have been flights that have come down, and a
large part of the equation was electrical interference"

Nonsense - the reason they do not want you using your
Cell phone on the Plane is the havoc it reaps
on the ground cell-sites..
AirNav and Comm systems are more than sufficiently hardened
against interference of this nature..

Robert - Telecommunications Technologist