Old August 7th 04, 11:13 AM
Ron Hardin

Default CR123A batteries?

Fizz wrote:

Ron, serious flashlight nuts (between whom and radio nuts like us there
seems to be some overlap) go through these in sufficient quantities that
prices have really come down. You can now get them in quantities of a dozen
or so for about $1.25 to $1.50 each. (No more $12 for two at Walmart.) See
www.surefire.com or www.batterystation.com.

And if you think you might be harboring a flashlight nut under that
radio-nut exterior, I strongly recommend www.candlepowerforums.com. I now
have two expensive hobbies, and you can, too!

Image-stabilized binoculars
--
Ron Hardin

Old August 8th 04, 11:30 AM
Ron Hardin

I'm not a fanatic. The Canon 8x25 IS (cheap) replaces an ancient
Nikon 7x35 on a unipod in the kitchen, looking permanently out on a
distant back fence bird feeder. I got tired of working around the
unipod. These I can just pick up off the shelf and hold steady enough.

However I expect battery replacement to be necessary at some rate.
--
Ron Hardin

Old August 8th 04, 03:18 PM
Yodar

Check the surplus market, I got some in the freezer that I got for 75
cents each. They are doing excellent service in my xenon/LED dual task
light that hasnt needed batteries in 4 months

Yodar

matt weber wrote:
On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 00:50:40 GMT, Ron Hardin
wrote:

What's a source of CR123A ``photo'' 3v batteries? Prices
seem to vary enormously. What's the difference?

mostly the size of the hole in your wallet!