Old August 12th 04, 02:18 PM
LJGiddy

Default Hurricane Net

Coming in on 14325 with some other voice traffic on 14323. The second traffic
almost sounds like a mediteranian language. The hurricane net traffic was
addressing someone I couldn't pick up here in KY about his location in Tampa
Bay and that they would be up and running around 11:30.

LJ
Old August 12th 04, 02:29 PM
LJGiddy

Am picking up some consistant traffic now 14325 but still can't seperate it
with the other traffic on 14323. Sounds like someone else has come in and was
doing a roll call. He then said he would be off the air for an hour and asked
all the other to "run this thing like you know how".
Old August 12th 04, 02:34 PM
dxAce

LJGiddy wrote:

Am picking up some consistant traffic now 14325 but still can't seperate it
with the other traffic on 14323. Sounds like someone else has come in and was
doing a roll call. He then said he would be off the air for an hour and asked
all the other to "run this thing like you know how".

What radio are you using? It might be that the filter you are using for SSB
reception is a bit wide if you can't separate 14325 and 14323.

dxAce

Old August 12th 04, 02:46 PM
LJGiddy

I'm sure it is Steve I am using a YB-400PE with no modifications.

LJ
Old August 12th 04, 02:49 PM
dxAce

LJGiddy wrote:

I'm sure it is Steve I am using a YB-400PE with no modifications.

That would probably do it!

Have fun monitoring the net. Propagation seems to be up and down this
morning.

dxAce

Old August 13th 04, 07:54 AM
starman

LJGiddy wrote:

Coming in on 14325 with some other voice traffic on 14323. The second traffic
almost sounds like a mediteranian language. The hurricane net traffic was
addressing someone I couldn't pick up here in KY about his location in Tampa
Bay and that they would be up and running around 11:30.

LJ

What's their nighttime frequency? 20-meters doesn't hold up too well at
night now with the low solar flux.