Old August 13th 04, 03:23 AM
Mark

Default Hurricane net...

A bit hard to hear in Auckland, New Zealand.
I can hear some traffic, though very weak, on 14325. I can also hear the
slightly stronger traffic on 14323 (but not at the moment).

There's an online, streaming audio, at the Internet Radio Linking Project.
Quite active currently (02:20 UTC) stations in Florida talking about
tropical depression Bonnie

http://www.voipwx.net/

Mark.

Old August 13th 04, 04:25 AM
Mark

3950 kHz (75 meters) is active also (along with 14325 kHz (20 meters)),
apparently...
Can't hear it here though.

Mark.

Old August 13th 04, 09:50 AM
dxAce

Mark wrote:

3950 kHz (75 meters) is active also (along with 14325 kHz (20 meters)),
apparently...
Can't hear it here though.

Their website http://www.hwn.org/ shows the net to be active however on the news
section on the right hand side says 'Plans are to resume net operations at 7:00
a.m. EDT on 14.325.00 MHz'.

I'm not hearing any activity at the moment here on 3950 at 0845.

Key West radar showing a nice shot at 0844 with a very well defined eye.

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=BYX

Should be a very interesting day in Florida coming up.

dxAce

Old August 13th 04, 10:04 PM
Diverd4777

Picking up 14.325 USB here in NYC..
can copy 25% of the words in the broadcast

remnants of Bonny starting to come in fast ( & very Wet)

Dan / NYC ( Icom R-75 & 100 foot random Wire )

Subject: Hurricane net...

Old August 13th 04, 10:22 PM
Diverd4777

Picking up Clear local traffic here in NYC area ;

- Sounds like W5AKZ

Old August 13th 04, 10:44 PM
Diverd4777

NP2B on 14. 325 USB Picking this up here in NYC;
- St Croix ??

http://www.mmsn.org/album/np2b.htm

Old August 13th 04, 10:52 PM
dxAce

Diverd4777 wrote:

NP2B on 14. 325 USB Picking this up here in NYC;
- St Croix ??

Net control is indeed NP2B.

Old August 13th 04, 11:32 PM
Ken Wilson

Not sure if his is a top notch NCO...... but he sure has top notch
transceivers in that shack. Ten-Tec of course.

73, Ken KG4BIG

Old August 14th 04, 01:05 AM
Mark

"dxAce" wrote in message
Key West radar showing a nice shot at 0844 with a very well defined eye.

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=BYX

Nice site, thanks for the link.

Mark.

Old August 14th 04, 03:20 AM
Jay

14325 coming in well in Connecticut at 02:19 UTC / 10:19 PM EDT.Noisy but I
can hear it all ok

Jay.