Old August 14th 04, 04:23 AM
snow

Default Radio Shack clearance on YB 400

Anyone know why Radio Shack has the Grundig YB 400 on clearance?
Is Grundig planning to end the YB 400 or is this a Radio Shack decision
only? It is on clearance for $129, was $149. May go lower??

Old August 14th 04, 05:05 AM
Jim Hackett

That's not much of a clearance. Usually when the Shack puts a radio on
"clearance" it's half price or less...

Old August 14th 04, 10:54 AM
Ron Hardin

snow wrote:

Anyone know why Radio Shack has the Grundig YB 400 on clearance?
Is Grundig planning to end the YB 400 or is this a Radio Shack decision
only? It is on clearance for $129, was $149. May go lower??

I got mine at $99 clearance when Service Merchandise was bailing out of them
in 1998; that's not to say what Radio Shack will do.
--
Ron Hardin

Old August 14th 04, 02:47 PM
Jim Douglas

Keep checking RS for those at 50%, typically what they do

Old August 14th 04, 04:05 PM
Beloved Leader

"snow" wrote in message ...

... Radio Shack has the Grundig YB 400 on clearance?

Is the price $129.97? Usually at RS, a clearance item will have a
price ending in .97. If, on the other hand, the price is $129.99, the
radio is on sale.

Old August 14th 04, 05:04 PM
Jim Hackett

[SNIPPED]

I think it's the other way around:
On the Internet EVERYONE knows you're a jerk! (Not saying YOU are)
But there are a few!

Old August 14th 04, 07:13 PM
snow

It was on clearance. This was at the Mall of America in Minnesota. I can't
remember if it was $129.97 or $129.99 but I was surprise that it said
clearance. BUT, it was only a $20 price cut, so it is nowhere near 50% cut
yet. I did talk to a store clerk and he said it was on clearance, but other
than that he did not seem to know much about radios.

Old August 15th 04, 04:36 AM
Beloved Leader

Ron Hardin wrote in message ...

I got mine at $99 clearance when Service Merchandise was bailing out of them
in 1998; that's not to say what Radio Shack will do.

Doesn't Heartland America sell refurbished YB-400s for $99 on
occasion? I do not receive their catalog, so I if don't read about it
on RRS, I don't know when those events happen.

In for a dime; in for a dollar:
http://www.heartlandamerica.com/

Search for "shortwave" to find these listings:

Grundig S350 Radio
Grundig Satellite 800 Millenium Radio
Grundig E Traveller VII
Grundig World Band Digital Short Wave Radio

No YB-400 today.
Old August 15th 04, 04:48 AM
Pilotbutteradio

Probably just that individual store getting out of them. It would be
interesting to know if that one is a R/S owned store or not.

--
Dave,
746pro, FT-101, Pro 2053, Pro 95, VX5R,

Old August 15th 04, 05:21 AM
Jim Menning

"Pilotbutteradio" wrote in message
Probably just that individual store getting out of them. It would be
interesting to know if that one is a R/S owned store or not.

They've been absent from the online catalog at www.radioshack.com for some
time now.

jim menning