Old August 14th 04, 04:08 PM
m II

Default Want S/W radio with remote controls

aristotle wrote:

A primary feature I would like is wireless
controls so I can lay in bed at night and remotely change stations
and possibly adjust volume, etc. It would also be great to wear a
wireless earphone.

I feel your pain. Life is just so unfair. It's so difficult to keep
going during these times of hardship, but you must persevere. I too have
suffered greatly...Just yesterday, the thermostat needed turning up a
bit and I had to walk *across the room* and adjust it myself. No..I'm
NOT exaggerating. I just mentioned that to show you that you're not
alone in your time of tribulation.

Be brave!

mike

--
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

..let the cat out to reply..

©Densa International
'Think tanks cleaned cheap'
Old August 15th 04, 04:33 AM
Steve

Rick Kunath wrote in message ...
Invader3k wrote:

One thing I always wondered is why doesn't someone make a "component"
type SW receiver...like one that would simply act as a tuner, but
without a built in speaker. Also make it the size and shape of typical
audio components. You could easily connect it to an existing stereo or
home theater system this way. Give it a record out as well (I know
some receivers have this) so you can easily connect it to a tape
recorder or CDR device. A remote would be a great feature as well.
Maybe one that is programmable to operate other components as well.

Take a look at the AOR AR7030 Plus.

The radio is small enough to be incorporated into a home theater system and
has the necessary outputs on the rear of the radio.

It also has an almost full featured remote control. I didn't think I'd use
the remote control much when I initially got the radio, but use it
constantly now.

You can't turn the radio off or on with the remote, and can't adjust the
notch filter, but you can do almost everything else, change modes, scan,
adjust and enter freq, volume, tone, change filters and lots more. Take a
look at the AOR site for details.

Rick Kunath

It's a real shame that the 7030+ isn't carried by AOR USA anymore. I
was really surprised, and somewhat depressed, when they dropped it.
Wonderful receiver. Fortunately it's still available through AOR UK.

Steve