Old August 15th 04, 05:05 PM
Dennis

Default Amateur Radio for Old/Blabbermouths

--
Amateur radio is dying, because it is populated by
old men who like to hear themselves blab, and blab.

Old August 15th 04, 07:26 PM
T. Early

"Dennis" wrote in message

Amateur radio is dying, because it is populated by
old men who like to hear themselves blab, and blab.

OK, would you suggest they -not- blab? I thought blabbing was at
least part of the point.

Also, how "old" is old?

Old August 15th 04, 07:59 PM
Icecrystal

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 14:26:57 -0400, T. Early wrote:

"Dennis" wrote in message

Amateur radio is dying, because it is populated by
old men who like to hear themselves blab, and blab.

OK, would you suggest they -not- blab? I thought blabbing was at
least part of the point.

Also, how "old" is old?

Been a amateur radio op for abt 35 years. They were always boreing old
blabbermouths. Talk for hours on how to mow grass or sharpen a pencil.
Amateur radio will not die as long as we old geezers can suck air into our
lungs.
Old August 15th 04, 10:20 PM
Mitch Cumstein

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:05:06 -0500, Dennis wrote:

So in other words, you couldn't pass the test(s). How sad.

Old August 16th 04, 01:19 AM
Tony Meloche

"Dennis" wrote in message

Amateur radio is dying, because it is populated by
old men who like to hear themselves blab, and blab.

OK, would you suggest they -not- blab? I thought blabbing was at
least part of the point.

Also, how "old" is old?

Been a amateur radio op for abt 35 years. They were always boreing old
blabbermouths. Talk for hours on how to mow grass or sharpen a pencil.
Amateur radio will not die as long as we old geezers can suck air into our
lungs.

LOL!! I have a lot of respect for the amateur radio operators - they
can be lifesavers in emergency situations - but your description is so
true! I often think of a ham I listened to one evening do 45 minutes
nonstop on changing a tire on his car. He probably changed it in half
the time he spent telling about it. But it's just part of that hobby, I
guess.

Tony

Old August 16th 04, 09:57 AM
J999w

There's some guys on 160m that tell some great stories.

Don't be fooled to think that all hams are geezers ... they'll kick your ass in
any contest !

jw
k9rzz
Old August 17th 04, 12:34 AM
Retro DJ

They may be blabbermouths, but an old swl like me just enjoys the heck
out of listening to them!