Old August 17th 04, 02:48 AM
Grumpus

Default 9980kHz USB

The past several nights I have been hearing what seems to be an AFRTS
broadcast on this frequency (USB), but AFN's website does not list
this frequency as one on which they are currently broadcasting, nor
does Passport, or MT, or Popular Communications. Is this a new
frequency for them, and does anyone know where this broadcast
originates?

Thanks,

Grumpus

Old August 17th 04, 05:33 PM
Grumpus

dxAce wrote in message ...
Grumpus wrote:

The past several nights I have been hearing what seems to be an AFRTS
broadcast on this frequency (USB), but AFN's website does not list
this frequency as one on which they are currently broadcasting, nor
does Passport, or MT, or Popular Communications. Is this a new
frequency for them, and does anyone know where this broadcast
originates?

Iceland

dxAce

Thanks Steve. Ignore the repost of this question; I didn't think I
successfully posted it last night.
Old August 17th 04, 06:40 PM
dxAce

Grumpus wrote:

dxAce wrote in message ...
Grumpus wrote:

The past several nights I have been hearing what seems to be an AFRTS
broadcast on this frequency (USB), but AFN's website does not list
this frequency as one on which they are currently broadcasting, nor
does Passport, or MT, or Popular Communications. Is this a new
frequency for them, and does anyone know where this broadcast
originates?

Iceland

dxAce

Thanks Steve. Ignore the repost of this question; I didn't think I
successfully posted it last night.

They've been using the frequency for a number of months, but are a bit slow updating
their website at times.

http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/radio/shortwave/

dxAce