Old August 18th 04, 02:50 AM
aristotle

Default Best magazines for shortwave listener ?

What do you suggest are the best monthly magazines for shortwave listeners ?
Old August 18th 04, 05:09 AM
Michael Chatel

I like "Monitoring Times". It has some Shortwave related articles and
content, but then also covers a broader audience of "monitoring" (ex.
hams, people with scanners, etc...)

One reason I like Monitoring Times, is that I'm from Canada, and they
do try to include a bit of Canadian content too.

Mike Chatel

Old August 18th 04, 08:34 AM
Dan Say

aristotle wrote:

What do you suggest are the best monthly magazines for shortwave
listeners ?

LIstening In from ODXA
L'Onde from COCQ

Radio-Kurier from ADDX
Old August 18th 04, 06:46 PM
jim jordan

glenn hauser's "world of radio" free via e mail gives me everything i need
to know
"Noel" wrote in message
On 17 Aug 2004 18:50:35 -0700, (aristotle)
wrote:

What do you suggest are the best monthly magazines for shortwave

listeners ?

That depends on where you are. In the UK, 'Shortwave Magazine' and
'Radio Active' are two reasonably good titles.

Old September 5th 04, 03:58 AM
Stereophile22

Monitoring Times tops the list for me. I also enjoy reading Popular
Communications (aka "PopComm").

I used to read "Popular Communications" years ago. Then I stopped for various
reasons. One was that I no longer had a working shortwave radio and couldn't
get another one for a long while. Well,

I recently picked up a few issues of both magazines, and today, I also like
"Monitoring Times" better.

I very vaguely seem to recall some shortwave communications magazine before
Popular Communications started, but I can't recall what the name of that
magazine was. It went out of business years ago.

I don['t remember if it stopped before Popular Communications started or if it
lasted a while longer and stopped after Popular Communications had started for
a while.

Maybe some other "old timers" can recall what it was or at least what it might
have been.

Old September 5th 04, 04:08 AM
DesignGuy

"Stereophile22" wrote in message
[...]

I vaguely recall one called "Communications World".

Old September 5th 04, 09:08 AM
Stereophile22

I vaguely recall one called "Communications World".

That vaguely seems to sound familiar to me. I think that was probably it. That
that was probably the one I read regularly before "Popular Communications" ever
came along.

Old September 5th 04, 12:46 PM
Jay

Monitoring Times is also my first choice, and I also subscribe to Pop Comm.
Occasionally I pickup a copy of Shortwave Magazine (British) at the
newsstand.

Jay
"Steve Silverwood" wrote in message
t...