Old August 21st 04, 10:16 PM
Moderate Mammal

On 21 Aug 2004 15:07:53 -0000, er
(Thought CrĪmĪnal) wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ention.police/ --must see photo

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A mob of chanting "demonstrators" clashed with police Thursday in Brooklyn in a mock protest held to review arrest procedures ahead of the Republican National Convention.

At a New York Police Department training facility, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly oversaw four practice scenarios in preparation for the GOP convention in New York City August 30 -September 2.

In one drill, reporters saw how a driver can be pulled from a truck and arrested, as police will be prepared to do around Madison Square Garden.

Vehicles coming into the convention center will have to pass one of eight devices set up to screen for explosives or anything attached to the underside of a vehicle.

How police plan to deal with civil disobedience arrests and how authorities will escort a peaceful march were explained.

Police also displayed some of the high-tech security equipment that will be in use during the convention.

One device, known as a "sally port" will allow police to inspect the undercarriages of all vehicles entering the convention area.
----------
Wow, I love this New Freedom under Bush, I'm Sure We Gain Even more liberties under Bush's Second Term.

Maybe they should lock them in cages with barbed wire as they did in
Boston.

--
Keith

_____

"Cosmic upheaval is not so moving as a little child pondering the death
of a sparrow in the corner of a barn." -Anouk Aimee, French Actor
_____

"Death is better, a milder fate than tyranny", Aeschylus (525BC-456BC),
Agamemnon
_____

"I wear no Burka." - Mother Nature

----------
To send mail: remove hutch
Old August 22nd 04, 12:38 AM
Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy)

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:16:00 GMT, Moderate Mammal
wrote in alt.fan.art-bell in message
:

On 21 Aug 2004 15:07:53 -0000, er
(Thought CrĪmĪnal) wrote:

[...]

Can we put a barbed wire fence all the way around NYC? I'd vote for
that, as long as it is done while the convention is going on.
--
V.G.

Change pobox dot alaska to gci.
"I wanted a car I could run down pedestrians with. But one with a comfy ride, like a sofa on wheels." - Father Haskell

"No doubt about it, 9-11 was orchestrated by Lockheed." - *lexa 'connects the dots' 4/27/04 )

"Nope, Lockheed provided the cover for 9-11 due to abuses of it's system. They're guilty as charged. But ultimately it was Bechtel who concocted the
9-11 events." Alexa connects some totally different dots. 8/6/04 )

Sarcasm is my sword, Apathy is my shield.
Old August 22nd 04, 02:10 AM
Tom Betz

Quoth Moderate Mammal in
:

Maybe they should lock them in cages with barbed wire as
they did in Boston.

Yeah, all five of them. The protest zone was nearly empty
throughout.

Hint -- that "zone" was ordered by the Secret Service, not by
Kerry.

--
Where was AWOL George W. Bush?

http://www.glcq.com/bush_at_arpc1.htm
Old August 22nd 04, 04:07 AM
m II

Tom Betz wrote:

Maybe they should lock them in cages with barbed wire as
they did in Boston.

Yeah, all five of them. The protest zone was nearly empty
throughout.

Do the numbers of 'detained without cause' citizens determine whether
freedom is endangered or not? I'd think even ONE unjustly caged citizen
is an affront to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights..

Hint -- that "zone" was ordered by the Secret Service, not by
Kerry.

How long since the politicians lost control of the secret police?
Even the cross dressing Hoover didn't have that level of autonomy.

mike
Old August 22nd 04, 06:12 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Tom Betz" wrote
(Edited for brevity)

| Where was AWOL George W. Bush?
|
| http://www.glcq.com/bush_at_arpc1.htm

Where was John Effing Kerrnedy in Christmas of 1968?

http://www.factcheck.org

73,

--
Steve Lawrence
KAŲPMD

(NOTE: My email address has only one "dot."
You'll have to edit out the one between the "7"
and the "3" in my email address if you wish to

---

Old August 26th 04, 04:32 PM
Mark S. Holden

Default SS Practice for GOP convention

Thought CrĪmĪnal wrote:
[...]

In Boston, the protesters were put in a cage.

In NY, they're being offered discounts on hotel rooms.

Is the freedom to have an undetected bomb in a vehicle important to you?