Old August 22nd 04, 04:48 AM
Conan Ford

Default program to make a circular tuning scale?

I'm trying to make a circular tuning scale for a radio, but there doesn't
seem to be any programs that are very good for this. Anyone know if there
is an easy way, or am I going to need to do it by hand?
Old August 22nd 04, 04:57 AM
Mark S. Holden

Conan Ford wrote:
I'm trying to make a circular tuning scale for a radio, but there doesn't
seem to be any programs that are very good for this. Anyone know if there
is an easy way, or am I going to need to do it by hand?

You might try Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw. For simple stuff I just
use PageMaker.

Old August 22nd 04, 05:20 AM
Rick

"Conan Ford" wrote in message
3.159...
I'm trying to make a circular tuning scale for a radio, but there doesn't
seem to be any programs that are very good for this. Anyone know if there
is an easy way, or am I going to need to do it by hand?

Depending on the brand and model of the raido, Rock Sea Enterprises
http://members.aol.com/RockSeaEnt/ (or another ) may have already done that
for you...

Old August 22nd 04, 11:09 AM
Stephan Heidrich

Front Designer: http://www.abacom-online.de (also in English).
Old August 22nd 04, 11:32 AM
Stephan Heidrich

Sorry:

Front Designer: www.abacom-online.de/UK/default.html

Old August 23rd 04, 04:49 AM
Mark Zenier

In article 9,
Conan Ford wrote:
I'm trying to make a circular tuning scale for a radio, but there doesn't
seem to be any programs that are very good for this. Anyone know if there
is an easy way, or am I going to need to do it by hand?

Electronics columnist Don Lancaster wrote about doing meter scales
and the like, (in raw Postscript, I think).

Try his web site. http://www.tinaja.com

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old August 24th 04, 05:27 AM
CW

There's plenty of programs that do a great job of that. Turbocad, Autocad,
Microstation, Intellicad, Deltacad, Designcad, Vellum, and the list goes on.

3.159...

Old August 26th 04, 02:12 AM
Tom Holden

This may be the same software but available free in support of a custom
manufacturing service:
http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/ . Just tried it - looks very professional.

Tom

e...