Old August 24th 04, 07:17 PM
Rick Blum

Default Connect radio to computer

I have just purchased a Tecsun PL-230 receiver and would like to connect it
to my computer. I know that there are programs out there that will decode
RTTY and other modesas well as keep track of frequencies, etc. The radio
does have antenna and earphone jacks.

Questions:

1. is there something simple to purchase that would allow the signal
received from the PL-230 to be input into the computer?

2. What software is available to run the radio as well as decode RTTY,
etc.?

Thanks for the help

Rick

Old August 25th 04, 03:23 AM
Mark

Take a look at:

MULTIPSK: http://members.aol.com/f6cte/
MMTY: http://www.qsl.net/mmhamsoft/mmtty/
Many others: http://www.csun.edu/~vfeen0br/johnpage/rttysoft.html

Mark.

Old August 25th 04, 09:14 AM
Conan Ford

"Rick Blum" wrote in
:

I have just purchased a Tecsun PL-230 receiver and would like to
connect it to my computer. I know that there are programs out there
that will decode RTTY and other modesas well as keep track of
frequencies, etc. The radio does have antenna and earphone jacks.

Questions:

1. is there something simple to purchase that would allow the
signal
received from the PL-230 to be input into the computer?

2. What software is available to run the radio as well as decode
RTTY,
etc.?

Thanks for the help

Rick

http://www.shortwavestore.com/digital-modes-psk.html

You may be limited by not having SSB support on that radio.