Old August 29th 04, 10:17 AM
Mike Terry

Default Europa Radio International

Europa Radio International, E R I, commences its first music test
transmission on Sunday 5 September 2004 between noon and 2 pm local UK time
(1100-1300 UT) from Riga, Latvia, on 9290 kHz. "This is to be the first of a
series of tests", says Alan Day, in charge of operations on Europa Radio
International. He adds: "Subject to finalising protracted negotiations, we
will also see a series of medium wave tests taking place late in the year
with a view to launching a 24 hour service in 2005.". E R I is primarily a
music station, playing new Rock and album tracks from the past 30 years. Its
primary target areas are France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland,
Austria and the United Kingdom.Alan Day, via email, adds some further
background information: We are four former Radio Caroline and UK local radio
presenters who are attempting to get a Euro wide radio station
up-and-running by legitimate means.Unfortunately we thought that we had
struck a deal with a German company who were to provide us with transmission
facilities but, at the last minute, the deal was called off with no
explanation which left us somewhat in the lurch, hence the vagueness of our
web site.We are now scouring around Europe once again to find a suitable MW
tx that will cover the UK, parts of France, Germany, Holland etc etc at a
reasonable rate - not an easy task! We have been offered 1386 kHz [from
Kaliningrad], but only after 2000 (and the signal is very poor into the UK),
and [Radio Scandinavia] 603 kHz [from the Finnish island of Åland], but that
has yet to prove itself and in any case there is a strong Gold station
operating on that frequency here. The E R I website is still under
construction and so far shows little information.
http://www.europaradio.co.uk/ (hcdx news desk, 24 August 2004 via DXLD)

BCLNEWS.IT, the only italian updated DX web site!!!