Old August 30th 04, 07:23 PM
George Ashley

Default Bush Ducks Draft, Hits Sauce

Bush Ducks Draft, Hits Sauce

An Associated Press article released Sunday reports former Speaker of the Texas
House, Ben Barnes, admitted helping “W” duck the draft back in 1968. In a
taped deposition, the aging retired state lawmaker said he was “more ashamed
at myself than I’ve ever been” for helping Bush and the sons of other
wealthy Lone Star business luminaries get into the Texas Air Guard in order to
avoid service in Viet Nam. “I got a young man named George W. Bush into the
National Guard…and I’m not necessarily proud of that, but I did it,” said
Barnes. According the Associated Press report, Bush signed on for his free ride
in the Guard at the very height of the fighting in Southeast Asia and served a
five-year week-end hitch. However, conflicting claims continue to circulate
regarding Bush’s attendance and medical
history............More.....http://myrockport.com/world.htm

W4FQF Polly