Old September 2nd 04, 12:55 AM
Radioman390

Default Can we use it to remotely disable loud stereos in cars?

From Janes Defense News:
Navy directed-energy programme moves on
The US armed forces' vision of fielding lasers that can shoot down missiles,
microwaves that squirt pulses of energy to disable enemy electronics and guns
that fire projectiles huge distances using electro-magnetic (EM) forces is
moving closer to reality, according to the US Navy's manager for directed
energy (DE), Capt Roger McGinnis.
[Jane's Defence Weekly - first posted to http://jdw.janes.com – 27 August
2004]

Old September 2nd 04, 02:14 AM
Diverd4777

" microwaves that squirt pulses of energy to disable enemy electronics and
guns"

( Would screw up Your car too ! )

I have Often thought of having a tricked out CB
with a booster amp
& broadcasting something
Awful;
( Luening & Ussachevsky , "Poem in Cycles & Bells" comes to mind;
else Machine gun fire / Explosion recordings on a loop,
Police Bullhorn
" Pull Over ! Pull Over ! Stop the car, you're under arrest "
etc )

- How it would be picked up by a car amp in front of me I don't know . . ..

there's always earplugs

Dan / NYC

From Janes Defense News:

Old September 2nd 04, 04:37 AM
Mark S. Holden

Diverd4777 wrote:

" microwaves that squirt pulses of energy to disable enemy electronics and
guns"

( Would screw up Your car too ! )

I have Often thought of having a tricked out CB
with a booster amp
& broadcasting something
Awful;
( Luening & Ussachevsky , "Poem in Cycles & Bells" comes to mind;
else Machine gun fire / Explosion recordings on a loop,
Police Bullhorn
" Pull Over ! Pull Over ! Stop the car, you're under arrest "
etc )

- How it would be picked up by a car amp in front of me I don't know . . ..

there's always earplugs

Dan / NYC

Back in the late 70's, I modulated a 555 timer chip to create a
broadband AM transmitter.

Only played with it for a few minutes, as the audio was horrible, but I
considered putting one in the car for communicating with nearby drivers.

Would have been nice to be able to let someone with an urban assault
stereo enjoy some of my favorite music.

Old September 2nd 04, 11:15 AM
Radioman390

Why not broadcast at the IF frequency (455 Khz for AM, 10.7 MHz for FM).

Rejection of an external signal at the IF frequency is a measurement done to
verify shielding.