Old September 3rd 04, 10:29 AM
Conan Ford

Default Eton E10 and E100 on front page of site

www.grundigradio.com/asp/home.asp

Looks like the E100 is the Tecsun PL-200, and the E10 is the Tecsun PL-550.
The radio case is kind of stylish.
Old September 3rd 04, 12:11 PM
Diverd4777

In article 9, Conan Ford

Subject: Eton E10 and E100 on front page of site
From: Conan Ford
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:29:02 GMT

www.grundigradio.com/asp/home.asp

Looks like the E100 is the Tecsun PL-200, and the E10 is the Tecsun PL-550.

The radio case is kind of stylish.

Great! No more Pay Pal..

- Any prices ??

Old September 3rd 04, 02:35 PM
Michael

"Diverd4777" wrote in message
In article 9, Conan
Ford

From: Conan Ford
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:29:02 GMT

www.grundigradio.com/asp/home.asp

Looks like the E100 is the Tecsun PL-200, and the E10 is the Tecsun
PL-550.

The radio case is kind of stylish.

Great! No more Pay Pal..

- Any prices ??

Indeed.... What about price and availability ???

Michael

Old September 3rd 04, 06:00 PM
P.A.

Eton E10 is expected 10/15/04 for $129.95 according to Universal Radio:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0110.html

The IF shift and antenna matching/trim features are interesting.

Eton E100 is also expected around the same time for $99.95:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0100.html

Old September 3rd 04, 08:06 PM
lsmyer

I have the Tecsun PL-550 (the Chinese version of the E10). It is my favorite
radio at this point.

The only negative I have with mine is that the buttons are very flat and
hard to use in the dark. That seems to be the style in China for some
reason, or maybe just a Tecsun trademark. But Eton has made the US version
with nice rounded buttons in recessed rows, and they look much easier to
use. Plus, my radio is labeled in Chinese, but the operation is so
straight-forward that I quit noticing that long ago.

Of course, I paid about $50 (+$20 shipping) for the Tecsun through Liypn's
eBay store V-COM COLLECTIONS.

Here is the address of the Yahoo group devoted to the PL-550. You'll see
that people there really like their 550.

Old September 3rd 04, 09:31 PM
Michael

"Conan Ford" wrote in message
3.159...
www.grundigradio.com/asp/home.asp

Looks like the E100 is the Tecsun PL-200, and the E10 is the Tecsun
PL-550.
The radio case is kind of stylish.

What do you think the E1 XM will sell for ???

Michael

Old September 3rd 04, 09:44 PM
Gary

"Michael" wrote in message t...
Indeed.... What about price and availability ???

Michael

Check out UNIVERSAL RADIO's website. They have BOTH radios listed
with price and availability date.

Old September 3rd 04, 11:44 PM
RHF

FO&A,

New info on GrundigRadio - Elite Series
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grundi...00/message/787
- - - - - T E X T - - - - -
From: "dxmikehaas" *m
Date: Thu Sep 2, 2004 8:38 am
Subject: New info on GrundigRadio - Elite Series

New pics are up. Looks like they might have curved-out the E1,
although the blow up doesn't show it.

I had my hands on both the E10 and E100 demos Eton sent us.
Beautiful color and styling. Much more aesthetically pleasing than
the PL 550 and PL 200 respectively. No more of that titanium silver
crap. I wish they'd re-release the YB 550 (PL 230) in the same
color - it would be awesome.

Too bad the E10 (PL 550) is single conversion according to
Passband.com. The IF shift button should clear an unwanted image
from a strong station however.

http://www.grundigradio.com/asp/EliteSeriesRadios.asp

Available: 15 DEC 2004

ABOUT the Eton Elite E10 Radio
Eton-E10= http://www.grundigradio.com/asp/e10.asp
Price-Info= http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0110.html
Side-View= http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...e/e10sides.jpg
Available: 15 NOV 2004

ABOUT the Eton Elite E100 Radio
Eton-E100= http://www.grundigradio.com/asp/e100.asp
Price-Info= http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0100.html
Side-View= http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...e/e100side.jpg
Available: 15 NOV 2004

ETON (Grundig North Anerica) Corp.
http://www.grundigradio.com/asp/home.asp

yilgr ~ RHF
..
..
= = = t...

Old September 4th 04, 12:19 AM
Michael

om...

From: "dxmikehaas" *m
Date: Thu Sep 2, 2004 8:38 am

New pics are up. Looks like they might have curved-out the E1,
although the blow up doesn't show it.

I had my hands on both the E10 and E100 demos Eton sent us.
Beautiful color and styling. Much more aesthetically pleasing than
the PL 550 and PL 200 respectively. No more of that titanium silver
crap. I wish they'd re-release the YB 550 (PL 230) in the same
color - it would be awesome.

Too bad the E10 (PL 550) is single conversion

Couldn't agree more. I have the PL-550 and I love it. It is a great radio
for the price. The IF shift does help out with intermod, but I wish that it
was more selective. I have found that my KA-1102 is more selective by what
seems to be a good measure. Other then that, I like the PL-550 quite a bit.
The E10 will have a nice fancy styling, but I'm glad I was able to pay the
low price for the PL-550.

Michael