RadioBanter

-   -   Incredible conditions to South Asia (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/44345-incredible-conditions-south-asia.html)

Dan Robinson September 4th 04 04:44 AM

Incredible conditions to South Asia

For those who were listening, there were just amazing conditions Friday
night EST to South Asia,
as well as extreme southern Latin America. Sri Lanka booming in on
11.905, India on 10330
and 11620 well into Friday evening, and numerous South Asian and likely
some Southeast
Asian frequencies on 60 meters. I haven't heard an opening like that
in decades....

Michael Bryant September 4th 04 02:51 PM

From: Dan Robinson

For those who were listening, there were just amazing conditions Friday
night EST to South Asia,
as well as extreme southern Latin America. Sri Lanka booming in on
11.905, India on 10330
and 11620 well into Friday evening, and numerous South Asian and likely
some Southeast
Asian frequencies on 60 meters. I haven't heard an opening like that
in decades....

Yep, I heard Sri Lanka on 11905 and India on 10330 on my Degen 1103 with just
the built-in antenna rod. Tremendous conditions....
Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A,
Degen 1102, Degen 1103, GE SRll,
Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nospam" to reply)

Telamon September 4th 04 10:03 PM

In article ,

From: Dan Robinson

For those who were listening, there were just amazing conditions
Friday night EST to South Asia, as well as extreme southern Latin
America. Sri Lanka booming in on 11.905, India on 10330 and 11620
well into Friday evening, and numerous South Asian and likely some
Southeast Asian frequencies on 60 meters. I haven't heard an
opening like that in decades....

Yep, I heard Sri Lanka on 11905 and India on 10330 on my Degen 1103
with just the built-in antenna rod. Tremendous conditions....

Yeah you have a tremendous imagination.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Stereophile22 September 6th 04 02:21 AM

For those who were listening, there were just amazing conditions Friday
night EST to South Asia,
as well as extreme southern Latin America. Sri Lanka booming in on

interesting. even on Saturday, dx conditions were still very good, even in the
VHF hi band (136 to 174 MHZ).

besides just the shortwave bands.

I didn't listen to my radio today (Sunday) yet, though. Think I'll go try it
now.

4nradio September 7th 04 05:51 AM

Not only was VHF and shortwave better than usual, so was mediumwave. See my
posting titled "Trans-Pacific MW and Tropical Band Loggings". Sunday
morning, Sept. 6th was excellent, with Japanese and Korean MW signals making
it to the Seattle-Tacoma area where I live.

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA