Old September 4th 04, 05:42 AM

Old September 4th 04, 06:19 AM

Old September 4th 04, 07:20 AM

You ARE in wreck.radio.shortwave

Old September 4th 04, 07:45 AM
Mike Terry

"Joe" wrote in message
news:0Jb_c.123$2H5.68@trndny07...
Where is rec.radio.shortwave ?
-Joe

Hi Joe,

I do sympathise as there is so much off topic stuff on here, none of which I
read as soon as I realise its not radio related.

If we all keep posting shorwave stuff here it will remain a shortwave group.

Also block sender where necessary and there is some shortwave left to read.

73s

Mike

Old September 4th 04, 08:42 AM
Mike Terry

"Stereophile22" wrote in message
You ARE in wreck.radio.shortwave

Please post shortwave items.

Thanks

Mike

Old September 4th 04, 08:46 AM
dxAce

Mike Terry wrote:

"Stereophile22" wrote in message
You ARE in wreck.radio.shortwave

Please post shortwave items.

Slow day? Nothing for you to rip off without proper attribution?

dxAce

Old September 4th 04, 04:56 PM
Joe

"F"ing morons !
Amazing how my reader clean's up after......Im sure you get it
LOL, Tnx
-Joe

"Mike Terry" Hi Joe,

I do sympathise as there is so much off topic stuff on here, none of which

read as soon as I realise its not radio related.

If we all keep posting shorwave stuff here it will remain a shortwave

group.

Also block sender where necessary and there is some shortwave left to

read.

73s

Mike

---

Old September 5th 04, 03:27 AM
Stereophile22

message
You ARE in wreck.radio.shortwave

Please post shortwave items.

Thanks

that was exactly my point when I posted that. That's why I eplied to him that
he was in "wreck.radio.shortwave" instead of replying he was in
"rec.radio.shortwave".

my intentional mispelling or alternate spelling (whichever way you want to
consider it) was refering to all the off-topic posts here "wrecking"
radio.shortwave.

I thought that everybody would automatically get that by my wording of
"wreck.radio.shotwave" instead of "rec.radio.shortwave".

and of course, I do agree with you almost 100 pecent to keep this newsgroup's
posts shortwave-related.

The percent I don't agree with (which you migt or might not agree with) are the
few things that aren't shortwave but that I consider still properly falls into
this newsgroup as there aren't any other newsgroups for them yet, or at least
not on any of the servers that I have used.

These others I consider appropriaate are "longwave", even though it's technilly
the opposite of "shortwave"

and AM broadcast. The rec.radio.broadcasting newsgroup is not appropriate
since it's not a newsgroup for dx'ers. It's only for other types of stuff
relating to AM broadcast.

which is why I consider it appropriate for here when posted in relation to
dx'ing, plus falls between the "longwave" and "shortwave" bands, which most
good shortwave radios cover all three bands from at least 150 khz.

I don't currently have a longwavve radio yet, though. I used to.

for most stuff above 30 mhz, that should be posted in the scanner newsgroups
instead of the shortwave newsgroups, since there are scanner newsgroups for
such now.

For FM broadcast, I consider that as belonging in the shortwave newsgroup also
(when in relation to dx'ing) as the type of people that do fm dx'ing are more
related to the type of people doing shortwave dx'ing than to the type of people
doing communications scanning above 30 mhz.

although I'm not quite sure why shortwave utility monitoring doesn't fall into
the same category as communications monitoring. Th only real difference I see
is below and above 30 mhz. I don't mention ssb because even above 30 mhz,
different communications ar in different modes, narrow fm, am, etcetera.

As for myself, I'm the kind of person who is into both shortwave radio and
scanning, because my interest is in monitoring the radio spectrum to find out
what stations there are that can be heard from my location.

My scanner listening hobby happened as an outgrowth of my shortwave listening
hobby and dx'ing hobby, as I found out that there were even more radio
frequencies that I didn't know about before (those above 30 mhz) and wonderd
what was on them.

Old September 5th 04, 09:05 AM
Stereophile22

Please post shortwave items.

Thanks

to add to my previous reply to your post,

my point is that when determining what frequencies to post , I use my judgement
as to whether or not they belong in here.

Ireland, Denmark and Norway leaving shortwave Mike Terry Shortwave 3 January 2nd 04 10:59 PM
I wonder... mike Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 04:38 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Joe S. Shortwave 2 July 18th 03 04:50 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Dxing Since 1957 Shortwave 0 July 4th 03 05:37 PM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? LLOYD DAVIES N0VFP General 0 July 4th 03 04:21 PM