Old September 7th 04, 03:57 AM

Old September 7th 04, 04:10 AM
Honus

"m II" wrote in message
news:zs9%c.101871$A8.75092@edtnps89...
Repetitious signals at:

5700 khz

Any idea as to what this is?

02:54 GMT
Alberta

I'm getting it here in Seattle, too. 0310 UTC. Not very clear, but
definitely there.

Old September 7th 04, 07:34 AM
Conan Ford

m II wrote in news:zs9%c.101871$A8.75092
@edtnps89:

Repetitious signals at:

5700 khz

Any idea as to what this is?

02:54 GMT
Alberta

mike

What receiver are you using, single or double conversion? It could be an
image. At 4810 (900 below) I'm getting a time-signal type beeping sound.
It is very strong and can be heard at 4790 khz as a "whoosh, whoosh" sound,
and apparent image is on 5700 khz (455*2 above 4790) when using a single
conversion receiver as a regular tick sound. I posted about this station
before, and it was suggested as a possible idling utility station by DxAce.

Listen to the clips he http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/brogers/page3.html
and see if you find anything like it.

Conan
Calgary, Alberta
Old September 8th 04, 05:03 AM
m II

Conan Ford wrote:

What receiver are you using, single or double conversion? It could be an
image. At 4810 (900 below) I'm getting a time-signal type beeping sound.
It is very strong and can be heard at 4790 khz as a "whoosh, whoosh" sound,
and apparent image is on 5700 khz (455*2 above 4790) when using a single
conversion receiver as a regular tick sound. I posted about this station
before, and it was suggested as a possible idling utility station by DxAce.

Listen to the clips he http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/brogers/page3.html
and see if you find anything like it.

Triple conversion Ten Tec 320, so it's most likely not an image. The
sound at 4790 is about half the speed and evenly spaced (like the'Pip'
sound from that web page.

.. The sound at 5700 seems to go for about 12 or 13 bursts, then a single
different sound. It then repeats.

it doesn't match any of these, either.

http://www.wunclub.com/sounds/index.html

It sounds like a frog on amphetamines(1) croaking very quickly, then
spitting out the bug and repeating the sequence.

(1) found mainly in the Pond behind dxAce's shack

mike

--
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /