RadioBanter

-   -   New Zealand frequency change (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/44415-new-zealand-frequency-change.html)

Telamon September 7th 04 05:37 AM

New Zealand frequency change

I think Steve posted this the other week but I did not pay attention and
was looking for New Zealand on 15720 this afternoon my time on the west
coast. Needless to say I could not find them right away until I stumbled
on 17675.

This frequency is working as well for me as the 15720 was and I wonder
how it is working for other people.

I had a nice afternoon in the park on the hillside behind Ventura
overlooking the ocean. Took the 7600G along and threw the roll up wire
antenna over a tree branch next to the picnic table. Tuned in a number
of international broadcasts on it. Brought some food and a book on
antennas and had a nice time. Sure can't beat the view.

Oh yeah see:
http://www.rnzi.com/pages/listen.php

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

starman September 7th 04 10:36 AM

I think Steve posted this the other week but I did not pay attention and
was looking for New Zealand on 15720 this afternoon my time on the west
coast. Needless to say I could not find them right away until I stumbled
on 17675.

This frequency is working as well for me as the 15720 was and I wonder
how it is working for other people.

Hmm, sounds a rather pleasant way to pass the time. Radio New Zealand comes
in rather loud here, but then again, I am in Auckland...

That's not a good frequency change for the US east coast. The 16-m band
doesn't hold up much after sunset with the days getting shorter and the
solar flux continuing to drop. I suppose they made this change for the
coming summer season in their area.

Diverd4777 September 7th 04 02:32 PM

In article ,

Subject: New Zealand frequency change
From: Telamon
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 04:37:01 GMT

I think Steve posted this the other week but I did not pay attention and
was looking for New Zealand on 15720 this afternoon my time on the west
coast. Needless to say I could not find them right away until I stumbled
on 17675.

Thanks for the heads-up. RNZI has some music shows I enjoy.

This frequency is working as well for me as the 15720 was and I wonder
how it is working for other people.

I had a nice afternoon in the park on the hillside behind Ventura
overlooking the ocean. Took the 7600G along and threw the roll up wire
antenna over a tree branch next to the picnic table. Tuned in a number
of international broadcasts on it. Brought some food and a book on
antennas and had a nice time. Sure can't beat the view.

Carrying a portable outside with a roll of wire, some literature & refreshments
sometimes can't be beat. Love the pacific coast.

Oh yeah see:
http://www.rnzi.com/pages/listen.php

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Dan / NYC

Mark Zenier September 7th 04 05:18 PM

In article ,
Telamon wrote:
I think Steve posted this the other week but I did not pay attention and
was looking for New Zealand on 15720 this afternoon my time on the west
coast. Needless to say I could not find them right away until I stumbled
on 17675.

This frequency is working as well for me as the 15720 was and I wonder
how it is working for other people.

They also seem to be on 11820 starting at 05:00 UTC, instead of 9615
as of last Saturday (Sunday in NZ).

I didn't stick around long enough to get an ID, as they were talking
about the impact of war on veterans, and didn't ID on the half hour.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Telamon September 9th 04 05:53 AM

In article ,
(Mark Zenier) wrote:

In article ,
Telamon wrote:
I think Steve posted this the other week but I did not pay attention and
was looking for New Zealand on 15720 this afternoon my time on the west
coast. Needless to say I could not find them right away until I stumbled
on 17675.

This frequency is working as well for me as the 15720 was and I wonder
how it is working for other people.

They also seem to be on 11820 starting at 05:00 UTC, instead of 9615
as of last Saturday (Sunday in NZ).

I didn't stick around long enough to get an ID, as they were talking
about the impact of war on veterans, and didn't ID on the half hour.

They changed their schedule over the holiday weekend.

11820 comes in very well here also.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

dxAce September 9th 04 06:09 AM

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
(Mark Zenier) wrote:

In article ,
Telamon wrote:
I think Steve posted this the other week but I did not pay attention and
was looking for New Zealand on 15720 this afternoon my time on the west
coast. Needless to say I could not find them right away until I stumbled
on 17675.

This frequency is working as well for me as the 15720 was and I wonder
how it is working for other people.

They also seem to be on 11820 starting at 05:00 UTC, instead of 9615
as of last Saturday (Sunday in NZ).

I didn't stick around long enough to get an ID, as they were talking
about the impact of war on veterans, and didn't ID on the half hour.

They changed their schedule over the holiday weekend.

11820 comes in very well here also.

A nice signal here at 0507... on 11820

dxAce
Michigan