Old September 7th 04, 05:37 AM
Telamon

Default New Zealand frequency change

I think Steve posted this the other week but I did not pay attention and
was looking for New Zealand on 15720 this afternoon my time on the west
coast. Needless to say I could not find them right away until I stumbled
on 17675.

This frequency is working as well for me as the 15720 was and I wonder
how it is working for other people.

I had a nice afternoon in the park on the hillside behind Ventura
overlooking the ocean. Took the 7600G along and threw the roll up wire
antenna over a tree branch next to the picnic table. Tuned in a number
of international broadcasts on it. Brought some food and a book on
antennas and had a nice time. Sure can't beat the view.

Oh yeah see:
http://www.rnzi.com/pages/listen.php

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 7th 04, 07:24 AM
Mark

Hmm, sounds a rather pleasant way to pass the time. Radio New Zealand comes
in rather loud here, but then again, I am in Auckland...

Mark.

Old September 7th 04, 10:36 AM
starman

I think Steve posted this the other week but I did not pay attention and
was looking for New Zealand on 15720 this afternoon my time on the west
coast. Needless to say I could not find them right away until I stumbled
on 17675.

This frequency is working as well for me as the 15720 was and I wonder
how it is working for other people.

Hmm, sounds a rather pleasant way to pass the time. Radio New Zealand comes
in rather loud here, but then again, I am in Auckland...

That's not a good frequency change for the US east coast. The 16-m band
doesn't hold up much after sunset with the days getting shorter and the
solar flux continuing to drop. I suppose they made this change for the
coming summer season in their area.

Old September 7th 04, 02:32 PM
Diverd4777

In article ,

Subject: New Zealand frequency change
From: Telamon
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 04:37:01 GMT

I think Steve posted this the other week but I did not pay attention and
was looking for New Zealand on 15720 this afternoon my time on the west
coast. Needless to say I could not find them right away until I stumbled
on 17675.

Thanks for the heads-up. RNZI has some music shows I enjoy.

This frequency is working as well for me as the 15720 was and I wonder
how it is working for other people.

I had a nice afternoon in the park on the hillside behind Ventura
overlooking the ocean. Took the 7600G along and threw the roll up wire
antenna over a tree branch next to the picnic table. Tuned in a number
of international broadcasts on it. Brought some food and a book on
antennas and had a nice time. Sure can't beat the view.

Carrying a portable outside with a roll of wire, some literature & refreshments
sometimes can't be beat. Love the pacific coast.

Oh yeah see:
http://www.rnzi.com/pages/listen.php

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Dan / NYC

Old September 7th 04, 05:18 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
Telamon wrote:
I think Steve posted this the other week but I did not pay attention and
was looking for New Zealand on 15720 this afternoon my time on the west
coast. Needless to say I could not find them right away until I stumbled
on 17675.

This frequency is working as well for me as the 15720 was and I wonder
how it is working for other people.

They also seem to be on 11820 starting at 05:00 UTC, instead of 9615
as of last Saturday (Sunday in NZ).

I didn't stick around long enough to get an ID, as they were talking
about the impact of war on veterans, and didn't ID on the half hour.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident