Old September 9th 04, 08:27 AM
Stephen Newlyn

Default Radio Prague QSL received

Received a Radio Prague "The Year of Czech Music 2004" QSL card featuring
the "Czech Philharmonic Orchestra" conducted by Václav Neumann (1920-1995)
with violinist Josef Suk (Born 1929).

21 August 2004, 11600 Khz, 07:00-07:27 UTC in English, SINPO 44434 in 3
weeks for a postal mail report. No Reply Postage required.

Receiver: Winradio WR-1000i
Antenna: VHF/UHF Discone up about 4 metres above ground level.

Station address is:
Radio Prague
Vinohradská 12
120 99 PRAGUE
CZECH REPUBLIC

Web: www.radio.cz

--
*Eliminate Qru, Qrt & Broadband over Power Lines to ragchew!
**Stephen Newlyn, VK5VKA. G'day from the City of Elizabeth, South Australia.

---

Old September 9th 04, 10:51 AM
Mark

"Stephen Newlyn" wrote in message
Antenna: VHF/UHF Discone up about 4 metres above ground level.

Did you really listen to Radio Prague via a discone antenna?

Mark.

Old September 9th 04, 11:15 AM
Jari Savolainen

"Mark" wrote in message
"Stephen Newlyn" wrote in message
Antenna: VHF/UHF Discone up about 4 metres above ground level.

Did you really listen to Radio Prague via a discone antenna?

Mark.

It is no big deal. I often listen spacecraft with a rubberduck. All you need
is some DX experience.

Jari Savolainen

Old September 9th 04, 11:24 PM
Mark

"Jari Savolainen" wrote in message
It is no big deal. I often listen spacecraft with a rubberduck. All you

need
is some DX experience.

Eh? DX experience will improve your antenna performance?

Mark.

Old September 9th 04, 11:26 PM
dxAce

Mark wrote:

"Jari Savolainen" wrote in message
It is no big deal. I often listen spacecraft with a rubberduck. All you

need
is some DX experience.

Eh? DX experience will improve your antenna performance?

It helps with the ladies too... when you tell them you can go the distance.

dxAce

Old October 4th 04, 05:19 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article , =20
says...
Received a Radio Prague "The Year of Czech Music 2004" QSL card featuring
the "Czech Philharmonic Orchestra" conducted by V=E1clav Neumann (1920-19=

95)
with violinist Josef Suk (Born 1929).
=20
21 August 2004, 11600 Khz, 07:00-07:27 UTC in English, SINPO 44434 in 3
weeks for a postal mail report. No Reply Postage required.
=20
Receiver: Winradio WR-1000i
Antenna: VHF/UHF Discone up about 4 metres above ground level.
=20
Station address is:
Radio Prague
Vinohradsk=E1 12
120 99 PRAGUE
CZECH REPUBLIC
=20
Web:
www.radio.cz

Radio Prague is definitely a class act. They're often pretty hard to=20
snag from out here in California, but I've been able to get 'em on=20
occasion. I really enjoy their QSLs. And Prague itself is a beautiful=20
city, full of wonderful people. We visited Prague last summer when our=20
church choir toured various places in Germany, Austria and the Czech=20
Republic. I completely fell in love with Prague during that trip! If=20
you get a chance to go, GO!

FYI, that's quite an accomplishment, picking them up on a discone=20
antenna, but hey, when the propagation is favorable...!

--=20

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA