Old September 10th 04, 06:16 PM
Steve

Default What kind(s) of antenna(s) do you use?

I'm always curious about people's antennas, though they often go
unmentioned here. So, what's in your back yard (or on your roof, or in
your attic....)?

Steve
Old September 10th 04, 06:50 PM
uncle arnie

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:16 am, Steve posted to
rec.radio.shortwave: %MM

I'm always curious about people's antennas, though they often go
unmentioned here. So, what's in your back yard (or on your roof, or in
your attic....)?

Steve

100 metres/110 yards of wire is on the house on the eves, held up by Xmas
light holders. It's just speaker wire (what was available) and has been
there for about 4 years now. Connected to a balan and grounded. Works
very well. Listening with an Icom R75, ATS404, YB400, but mostly the Icom
with this antenna.
Old September 10th 04, 06:55 PM
MnMikew

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
I'm always curious about people's antennas, though they often go
unmentioned here. So, what's in your back yard (or on your roof, or in
your attic....)?

Steve

I made one of those "broomstick" antennas and have it in the attic. So-so
results. In process of setting up 100' longwire in back yard.

Old September 10th 04, 06:59 PM
Volker Tonn

Steve schrieb:
I'm always curious about people's antennas, though they often go
unmentioned here. So, what's in your back yard (or on your roof, or in
your attic....)?

Steve

antennas:
Magnetic loop 18-31Mhz with remote tuning
Discone 25-1300Mhz
FD-antenna 40.5mtr/ 135ft
FD-antenna 13.8mtr/ 44ft /bozh feeding the same balun/coax
rain gutter areal app. 150 mtr/ 495ft
Yaesu FRT7700 preselector
Yaesu FRA7700 selective active antenna/ modified for preamp
all antennas in attic 6th floor

RX:
NRD-525 with serial interface
PCR-1000 (no UT-106 DSP unit)
Yaesu FT50-R
Sony ICF-2001D (2010)
Albrecht AE300 100Khz-2.060Ghz AM NFM WFM SSB -no gaps-
Loewe Opta LO50 stereo radio with valves FM AM LW SW
Trio 9R-59DS

audio:
Datong FL2 analog audio filter in series with
Dierking GD 82NF analog audio filter in series with
Kenwood HiFI-amp with integrated equalizer feeding
AKG K-240Monitor headphones and/or hifi-speakers

misc:
a bunch of computers

location:
Berlin/ Germany

Old September 10th 04, 08:23 PM
dxAce

Steve wrote:

I'm always curious about people's antennas, though they often go
unmentioned here. So, what's in your back yard (or on your roof, or in
your attic....)?

One 70' wire running N-S, and one 200' wire running W-E. Both are transformer
matched, with the co-ax feed buried running to the house.

dxAce

Steve

Old September 10th 04, 09:06 PM
Stan Barr

On 10 Sep 2004 10:16:06 -0700, Steve wrote:
I'm always curious about people's antennas, though they often go
unmentioned here. So, what's in your back yard (or on your roof, or in
your attic....)?

For receiving, an active loop on a rotator - it has a very deep null
which is useful. Mounted in the attic atm for testing, but due to be
moved to the bottom of the garden further away from all the tv/computer
etc interference. It feeds the receivers via a 4-way multi-coupler.

I can also use the ham antennas if I want to.

--
Cheers,
Stan Barr stanb .at. dial .dot. pipex .dot. com

The future was never like this!
Old September 10th 04, 10:21 PM
MnMikew

"dxAce" wrote in message
http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/pics.htm

Hey Steve, how tall are your supports off the ground?

Old September 10th 04, 10:23 PM
dxAce

MnMikew wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/pics.htm

Hey Steve, how tall are your supports off the ground?

They are 9' off the ground, the actual wood is 12' long.

Steve
dxAce

Old September 10th 04, 10:26 PM
dxAce

MnMikew wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/pics.htm

Hey Steve, how tall are your supports off the ground?

That pic was taken in 2001 when I first installed the system here, and the shot
is from the end of the 100' W-E wire, looking west. That wire has now been
extended another 100'. I need to take another pic which I'll do this Fall.

dxAce